DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Yet Another Newbie :)
CREATED: 06/11/12 by Certifried REPLIES: 3
Certifried's ravatar Certifried    JOINED: 6/11/12    POSTS: 3
Yet Another Newbie :)
POSTED: 6/11/12 9:56 AM

Hi all,

I'm new :) 43 year old arthritis "sufferer" who finally decided to start living instead of slowly (painfully) withering away. I have facet joint arthritis in, basically, my entire low back (lumbar thru to SI). Over the last 8 months I have lost over 40 pounds and am back in to cycling (I used to cycle a lot). I can ride 30-40 miles now, and still working up, hoping to do some centuries again. I used to mentor for the teen challenge program when Cycle Across Maryland used to run it, so lots of cycling experience.

Not so much swim or run experience (other than 10 years in the Army), so need to really work on that. Hoping to complete my first sprint Tri in October. That's hopefully a conservative enough plan that I can be successful!

Just thought I'd say hi :) I'll be poking around in the training information looking for some help to get swim and long distance run experience/training.

afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 251
RE: Yet Another Newbie :)
POSTED: 6/11/12 10:23 AM

Welcome to DC Tri!

A few ideas to get you started:

Connect with this Club training group that Toni leads: http://www.dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=8C536777-9F02-6599-BB88BE7992504FF3&page=1.

And come out to our All-Member Meeting on June 20: http://www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=interact.events&id=637.

Look forward to meeting you.

Andrea

Certifried's ravatar Certifried    JOINED: 6/11/12    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 6/11/12 10:25 AM

Awesome! Just the type of info I'm looking for :) thanks so much

kbmciver    JOINED: 7/30/12    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 7/30/12 9:16 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new to DC! I just graduated from Purdue University and I was a member of the club team there for two years.

I'm a lifelong swimmer that has transitioned to triathlons. At the end of this month I'll be doing the triplet in Chicago (a super-sprint, a sprint and an Olympic in one weekend).

I'm looking for some training sessions to attend for the next few weeks and into the future!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria