DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

I'm new!
CREATED: 05/31/09 by slashykk REPLIES: 2
slashykk    JOINED: 5/31/09    POSTS: 38
I'm new!
POSTED: 5/31/09 6:53 PM

Hi-

I'm new, and I'm looking to get involved with the club. I'm training for the Nation's tri and Marine Corps Marathon with a few other events here and there. Is anyone else tri training and marathon training at at the same time? Any tips?

I'm also starting to get sick of training alone, so I hope to work some of the team events into my schedule and make friends!

-Katie

charlie's ravatar charlie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 61
RE: I'm new!
POSTED: 5/31/09 8:48 PM

welcome katie - you have come to the right place. everyone here is very nice and welcoming of new people. there are group workouts listed on the calendar, plus there are many dc tri races/bricks to participate in.

charlie

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
RE: I'm new!
POSTED: 5/31/09 9:35 PM

Hi Katie,
Like Charlie said, you came to the right place. There are two happy hours on Wednesday that you should check out. One in VA and one in NW DC. I'll be at the NW one so come on by to meet some club members. Check out the "June Neighborhood Happy Hours" under events on the home page.

Also, please consider volunteering for the ITU race on June 21st. DC Triathlon Club is spearheading the volunteer efforts so you'll be sure to meet a ton of people to train with.

Hope to meet you soon,

Angela

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria