Dear DC Tri,
I am starting to recruit for coaches and head coaches for ACHIEVE Youth Triathlon Summer Camp. Please let me know as soon as possible if you are interested. We would love to have a DC Tri Club member be a coach this year since you all were such great volunteers last year!
Here are the details:
ACHIEVE Coach job description
• Are you passionate about sharing how fitness and exercise can improve people’s lives?
• Have you worked with youth and sports in the past?
• Do you have experience with swimming, biking and running?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, consider becoming a coach for the ACHIEVE DC Triathlon youth summer camps. We are looking for motivated individuals that have a passion for fitness and health. Ideally you will have a background in sports, and have experience working with youth, or in a youth related organization.
2009 Camp Dates: June 17 – July 30
Camp Days/Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
DC Kids Triathlon: Friday, July 30 (Camp concludes)
DPR Orientation: Dates To Be Determined – A 3 day process
ACHIEVE Orientation: Early June, Dates To Be Determined
Camp Location 1: Turkey Thicket Recreation Center
1100 Michigan Ave NE
Washington, DC 20017
Camp Location 2: Kenilworth - Parkside Recreation Center
4300 Anacostia Ave NE
Washington, DC 20019
Camp Location 3: Benning Park Community Center
53rd and Fitch Sts., SE
Washington, DC 20019
Camp Location 4: To Be Determined
Pay: Coaches will be hired by the DC Department of Parks and Recreation and paid an hourly rate of $11.
• Paid Internship– if you are in school ACHIEVE is will happy to work with you to ensure that you receive credit for an internship
• Professional Development -ACHIEVE will provide a 2 day training with certified triathlon coaches
• Resume Builder - Gain valuable experience implementing a 6-week training program
• Free entry into The Nation’s Triathlon
• Race and sporting gear – socks, exercise shirts, and an ACHIEVE uniform
Questions: Michelle Harburg
Assistant Director, ACHIEVE DC
ACHIEVE provides youth ages 9-14 with a fun, life-changing experience by introducing them to the sport of triathlon. Headquartered in Washington D.C. and acting in partnership or collaboration with local government and private organizations, ACHIEVE takes kids through a 6-week instruction and training program, provided free of charge and monitored by experienced and trained coaches. The ACHIEVE program helps kids master the fundamentals of swimming, cycling, running, and triathlon racing, as well as the essentials of proper nutrition, stretching, strength-training, and flexibility. The ACHIEVE program concludes each season with a timed short-course triathlon race, certified and sanctioned by the USA.
Washington Sports Events Management in a company that does large sporting events, one including The Nation's Triathlon in Washington, DC. The nonprofit arm is the ACHIEVE program.