Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next Page

PeasantMan Triathlon - The Peasant's Retreat - Join the Revolution folks!!
CREATED: 03/09/11 by dsgrunning REPLIES: 93
laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 123
RE: PeasantMan Triathlon - The Peasant's Retreat - Join the Revolution folks!!
POSTED: 3/18/11 9:49 PM

Geez... twist my arm why don't you :)

I'll have a dog with me, so hopefully I'll get a station that is pet-friendly!

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1334
POSTED: 3/19/11 3:32 PM

Hey Little People,

The PeasantMan War Council has just completed our intense cleansing of the souls. We are now more pure and righteous. We realized that due to the fact that many of you were feeding hungry children at orphanages all across the DC Metro area during the 24 hour period in which the slots were available, a lot of you were unable to log into your computer to obtain a slot.

In order to accommodate more people, we've stole a page from the WTC Ironman folks. We are opening a limited number of Community Fund Slots. These slots are $40.01. It's only $10.02 more than our regular slots and all money go to charity. These slots are also expected to sell out so please sign up as soon as you can.

Please go to the below link and register. Once these slots are gone ... they are gone. The PeasantMan War Council be too drunk at that time to release any more slots. Please go and sign up now.
http://www.highcloud.org/peasantman

Tuan

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 3/21/11 11:52 AM

PeasantMan’s community Foundation Slots will sell out quickly as well. This is going to be a lot of fun!

chloevdc's ravatar chloevdc    JOINED: 1/25/10    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 3/21/11 5:24 PM

I have one PeasantMan spot to give away. A friend was going to participate but can't now. If you would like to have this spot, email me at chloe (dot) feinberg (at) gmail.com.

Cheers,
Chloe

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 250
POSTED: 3/22/11 3:34 PM

Act fast before the community slots are gone! This race is going to be fabulous and fun! Don't forget to bring your mom (and volunteer her to volunteer).

emilyann's ravatar emilyann    JOINED: 5/24/10    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 3/23/11 4:21 PM

PeasantMan is now on the club race calendar -- if you're in add your name to the list!

RE: PeasantMan Triathlon - The Peasant's Retreat
POSTED: 3/25/11 9:35 AM

The following are current members of the DCTri Board of Directors who are helping us run PeasantMan this year: Courtney Fulton, Amanda Chadwick, Abby Sanford, Adriana Anderson, and Ryan Troll. They have a lot on their hands with DCTri board work but are generous enough to help us out.

I would be remissed if I didn't mention former board member Simon Hernaez is also part of the PeasantMan War Council. Also, if his work schedule allows, we will have former board member Travis Siehndel patroling the transition area to help newbies and NTPers set up the transition area in the proper manner.

Thanks for giving back to the sport.

Aside note, community fund slots are still AVAILABLE for a limited time.

Click here to sign up

Tuan

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 616
POSTED: 3/26/11 1:39 PM

War Council? Are we planning a war? If so, what type - need to bring the appropriate reference materials.
Question about campsites: Is there one central bonfire location (Texas A&M style), are fires at each campsite (a la Deep Creek Lake area), or are we allowed to build fires anywhere since it's in the great free commonwealth?

POSTED: 3/28/11 10:08 AM

Simon ... campsites and fires are what they do in Annapolis.  I expect the West Point guys to sleep on branches and eat things raw ... or has life in the civilian world made you a wuss?  Do you want me to bring you a blanket and some smores?

Tuan

RE: PeasantMan Triathlon - The Peasant's Retreat -
POSTED: 3/28/11 1:02 PM

Attention Peasant Class Citizens,

For those with great desires to burn things or have deep thoughtful conversations with Bambi, this email is for you.  The PeasantMan War Council will be organizing a bonfire the night prior to the event.  Details about all the festivities surrounding the night before will be available on the athlete's guide a week before the event.

Below are your options for camping the night prior.  If you lodge outside of the camp site, you must leave the camp site by 10:00 PM.  That is the park's policy.  If you are lodging within Lake Anna, we will keep the fire burning until everyone has had a chance to share his/her feelings.

The PeasantMan War Council has rented a two bedroom suite for itself.  Simply put, we'd rather not sleep next to peasants.  If you chose the camp by tent option, you may use our suite to store your bikes for safe keeping during your stay at Lake Anna,

================
ON SITE CAMPING
================

You can reserve an on-site spot by either calling Lake Anna or through the below URL.  Spots will go quickly since there are many of you and not many spots at Lake Anna.  I encourage you to book quickly.

URL:  https://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/Lake_Anna_State_Park/r/campgroundDetails.do?page=details&contractCode=VA&parkId=140175&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

Phone: 800-933-7275 

There are three camping options available.
1.  Campsite:  This is pitching a tent old school.  There are restrooms and showers nearby.

2.  Camp Cabin.  This is just a cabin with bunk beds.  The restrooms with showers are in a different building nearby.  It can accommodate 6.  You can book and find roommates by posting on the DCTri forum.  I am sure that you will have lots of takers.  75%+ of the folks doing this event are DCTri folks.  Keep in mind that each cabin has a two car policy.  The third+ car has to pay $5.

3.  2 bedroom cabin suite.  These all are gone but you can periodically check to see if they have any that just became available.  That's how I was able to get mine.  

All other details about the camping can be found in the URL that I just provided.

========================
OTHER ACCOMMODATIONS
========================

Christopher Run Campground - 540-894-4744
About 15 minutes from the race site. Located off of 522 on the Kinetic Half bike course.

Hotels

Sleep Inn-Located at I-95 and US 1
540-710-5500
5400 Southpoint Blvd
Fredericksburg, VA 22407

Quality Inn
6409 Dan Bell Lane (Exit 118)
Thornburg, VA
540-582-1097

Lake Anna Lodge-(At the lake)
5152 Courthouse Road (Rt. 208)
Spotsylvania, VA 22553
540-895-5844

High Point Marina & Lighthouse Inn-(At the lake) 
4634 Courthouse Road
Mineral, VA 23117
540-895-5249

Shenandoah Crossing Resort
174 HORSESHOE CIRCLE
GORDONSVILLE, VIRGINIA 22942

There are multiple lake houses for rent this time of year.
Lake Anna Realty-800-830-2662

Please feel free to ask me any questions.  I may or may not answer you.
Tuan

rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 366
POSTED: 3/28/11 1:14 PM

FYI - I just checked online - and there are no spots to be had on Mat 7th in the state park. :(

dmd326's ravatar dmd326    JOINED: 10/28/10    POSTS: 70
POSTED: 3/28/11 1:18 PM

There are no cabins, but if you are willing to pitch a tent, looks like there are still spots.

rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 366
s
POSTED: 3/28/11 1:25 PM

This whole needing to be computer literate sucks ball. You are correct. I will be pitching a tent.

POSTED: 3/28/11 1:29 PM

Like I said, the two bedroom suites are all gone but you can check back every once in awhile to see if one becomes available. Tent spots are plenty. You can also call the 800 number that I gave to see if you can reserve something.

I know a few people who have gathered the cabins that sleeps 6. They got it with the intention of sharing. I will get them to post.

If anyone reading this have rooms reserved that they would like to share, please post here. We may be able to let a few people share our suites if folks don 't mind sleeping on the floor. All of the beds are taken by some of the organizers.

If you really want a nice room, offsite is your best bet. Our suites will be the center of all activities. You are welcome to chill out there all day up until 10:00 PM if you want. I will send out an email soliciting folks who already have cabins reserved to see if they can share.

Tuan

POSTED: 3/28/11 2:21 PM

As of this writing, there are 33 camp sites (for tents).  Each site can accomodate up to 6 people.  This should be more than enough for those who wish to tent out. There are still a lot of spots available.  It's the cabins that are in short supply.

I will try to work on those cabins for you all :)

Tuan

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1796
POSTED: 3/28/11 2:34 PM

I have landed one of those bunk-bed cabins. Takes an official total of 4. In the spirit of the Revolution, I was hoping to rent it out to 44 day laborers, all at the regular price, then use the proceeds to buy a Lamborghini. But my guilty conscience has forced me to reconsider. So I have three spots available for Friday and Saturday nights. As long as those bunking down don't keep me up all out cleaning their weapons for hunting down Bambi.

POSTED: 3/28/11 4:24 PM

ok ... Ed Moser's room is now gone.

I have been able to get two more cabins and a two bedroom suite. I have a few people who have emailed me so far so I am going to give those out to those on the wait list. There are still rooms in the cabin/suite available so email me if you want those. It will be first come first serve.

I am working on getting more but there is only so much that I can do on while on billable hours :)

Tuan

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 616
POSTED: 3/30/11 11:36 PM

Ouch man...flashing back to... ah nvm (refraining from Army-Vietnam jokes for censorship sake - military humor not for forum consumption).
Q: What do a Navy and West Point grad have in common?
A: They were both granted admission to the Naval Academy.
You have a point - we never once got to build a fire (tear). Guess you always want what you can't have... Craving your offer of smores indicates my recent softness. Outdoor skills barely functional, weapon skills almost zero. As good to Afghanistan or Iraq as a Navy or AF officer... OK off the service rivalry humor - need to spend the weekend training skills instead. Triathlon makes you soft man. But Peasantman = Fun.
(note: joke is a good one for any college rivalry. Insert your college and your rival's - always a good laugh at the party)

shaalini    JOINED: 3/25/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 4/26/11 11:41 AM

Hi All,

I just found out I won't be able to do PeasantMan, so if anyone needs a spot, email me at shaalini(dot)ramanadhan(at)gmail.com

Thanks!

Shaalini

RE: PeasantMan Triathlon
POSTED: 4/28/11 7:54 AM

Hello my fellow birthier sympathizers,

I know what you are thinking. It is indeed a sad day in America when the President of the United States stoops so low as to doctor his birth certificate. Is Hawaii even a state? Give it back to Vietnam I say. I think we can all agree that the CIA have better things to do than to be involved in this shenanigan.

Did you see the signature on that birth certificate? It looks eerily like my cousin Quang's signature. One moment the dude is a dishwasher at a pho restaurant. The next moment he's driving around in a new Mercedes with a gold necklace that says "Vimp Daddy." For those not in the know, Vimp Daddy is a Vietnamese pimp daddy.

Enough with the pleasantries. I have more teaser news for you.

The Freshest Prince of Saigon is about to hook up all participants of the swim clinic with FREE wetsuit rentals. You will get to use it and swim in it at the clinic for FREE. These will be the entry ones as well as the fancy smancy top of the line ones.

"You spoil us Royalty!", you say. Indeed I do. I know ... I'm like a God to you people.

You have a fullsleeve wetsuit? No problem. Try on a no sleeve for FREE. You have a sleeveless? No problem. Give the full one a spin for FREE. You want the free one for the swim clinic but you are too busy working the rice paddies to get one in time for the swim clinic? No problem. We'll bring it to the clinic so that you can pick up and drop it off right there.

Can I give you more details? No! Is this a joke? No! Details will be forth coming. Have patience young grasshoppers, for the lotus doesn't blossom without nurture. Ahh ... good gangja I'm smoking this morning.

Tuan

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria