Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next Page

PeasantMan Triathlon - The Peasant's Retreat - Join the Revolution folks!!
CREATED: 03/09/11 by dsgrunning REPLIES: 93
Lisamk1034    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 34
RE: PeasantMan Triathlon - The Peasant's Retreat - Join the Revolution folks!!
POSTED: 4/28/11 12:35 PM

Hi all --

I finally bought a bike and made myself actually ride the bike outside, as opposed to clipping in and out in my apartment.

In order to really throw myself into the DC tri scene it seems like a good idea to head down on Sat and camp before Peasant Man. Anyone heading down on Saturday have room in the car for me + my yet unnamed bike and possibly room in a cabin? I'd be okay tenting too, though I don't have a tent.

Thanks!

Lisa

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 294
POSTED: 4/28/11 10:58 PM

Since all peasant-class accommodations (tent campsites) have been reserved, anyone have space for an extra tent?

clcohen's ravatar clcohen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 92
POSTED: 4/29/11 8:12 AM

Ditto the request for extra space for another tent.
thanks,
Carol
clcohen at gmail

dmd326's ravatar dmd326    JOINED: 10/28/10    POSTS: 67
POSTED: 4/29/11 8:22 AM

We have a tent site reservation. I'm pretty sure you can fit more than one tent at a space. We'd be happy to share. :)

gardengirl's ravatar gardengirl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 119
POSTED: 4/29/11 10:08 AM

Anyone have room in a cabin? If not, any suggestions?
Thanks
Malissa
malissazimm@gmail.com

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1293
POSTED: 4/29/11 10:56 AM

Ihan and Carol ... I take it that you will contact Diane for the campsite that she's offering?

Anyone else ... I have a campsite that can take on two more tents. If you are interested, drop me an email.

Malissa ... all of the cabins available at my disposal are all taken up. I hope that someone gives you a spot. If not, there are hotels nearby that you can use or you can pitch a tent. Like I said .. I have tent spots. If you need hotel recommendations, drop me an email offline.

I may also know two other femals who can share hotel rooms with you. They both live in your neck of the woods so you can carpool :)

Tuan

POSTED: 4/29/11 10:58 AM

Lisa ... if you still need a campsite contact me offline. If you can't find a ride by next Friday, contact me. I will get you to the race site. You will ride with the chickens and the pigs if need be ... but we will get you there.

Tuan

jbrez's ravatar jbrez    JOINED: 1/30/11    POSTS: 254
POSTED: 4/29/11 12:27 PM

I've got a campsite also, so PM or text me if you're looking for a spot. I'd planned on renting a car and driving down so I could probably lend a ride and a bike spot also.

Jason

SBsteph's ravatar SBsteph    JOINED: 1/24/11    POSTS: 78
POSTED: 4/29/11 1:14 PM

I'll throw my name in there too- I'd love to participate in the campfire on Saturday night. Anyone have space for me and a tent at their site?

jgselim's ravatar jgselim    JOINED: 1/11/11    POSTS: 39
POSTED: 4/29/11 1:51 PM

I have a standard campsite (no elec, no water) with two tents so far, so I'd be happy to add more.

Just a heads up, the reservation agent I spoke to a couple of weeks ago told me there is a 2 tent limit per site. I have never been to Lake Anna, so maybe this is wrong or is simply not enforced. From the fine print on my confirmation: "tents must fit on 20'x25' tent pad," so this suggests that the only restriction is keeping all tents within the tent pad.

Can anyone confirm this?

Jubran

POSTED: 4/29/11 2:28 PM

I've called the head park ranger at Lake Anna. He's out of the office at the moment but is secretary says that he'll be back. I've also written him an email. I will follow up with a phone call on Monday if I don't hear from him. I will keep you all posted.

I've seen boy scout troops there so I can't imagined that they are strict about the two tents rule. Even if they are, not to worry. We have enough people who are currently occupying single campsites that we can move folks around.

The two car rule is somewhat enforced (i.e., enforced only if we clog up the roads at the campsite), but they have an overflow lot nearby. The park ranger has already told me that folks can park there for as long as they want.

Tuan

POSTED: 4/29/11 3:56 PM

I just received an email replied back from the head park ranger at Lake Anna. My question to him was:

"Can we have more than two small tents per campsite as long as they fit within the confine of 20x25 gravel area of the campsite? We have a few people who want to pitch 3-4 tents at the site so that they can be together in one place."

His response was:
"There should be no more than 6 people per site and yes you can have several tents as long as they are within the wooden bourders."

I will bring my email correspondence with him to Lake Anna. If anyone gives you any problems, please contact me. My cell phone number will be listed in the athlete's guide that I will be releasing next week.

Tuan

POSTED: 5/04/11 8:50 AM

The PeasantMan Athlete's Guide has been posted.

http://www.highcloud.org/peasantman

Tuan

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 184
POSTED: 5/04/11 2:13 PM

Tuan,

Is there an event on Saturday also? I thought I read that somewhere.

Brad.

POSTED: 5/04/11 2:23 PM

There is a swim and bike clinic on Sat. There is also a bonfire on Sunday. It's all in the athlete's guide. Let me know if you haven't received one this morning.

Tuan

PSUDeb's ravatar PSUDeb    JOINED: 12/31/10    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 5/06/11 12:34 PM

I wasn't too clear on this, can we rent wetsuits Sunday morning as well or do we need to pick one up on Saturday?

Thanks!

POSTED: 5/06/11 12:46 PM

I just sent out the below email. You can rent it on Sunday but I highly discourage that since there will be a lot of people trying to do the same and the line will be quite long. Save yourself the stress and do it today or tomorrow.

--------------------
Hey All,

We have almost 300 participants with a lot of newbies who do not have wetsuits. We also have about 100 people for the swim clinic. Although Bonzai will rent wetsuits on site for the race and during the clinic, the math will make it quite difficult for you do it in a timely manner. It it takes each person 2 minutes to complete the wetsuit process and you multiply that by 100 people who want a wetsuit for the race, just imagined how long you have to show up ahead of time to obtain a wetsuit.

I would HIGHLY ENCOURAGE everyone to who is planning to rent a wetsuit on Sunday or the free one on Saturday, to come to their store to get the wetsuit. You can also rent one online via their website (http://tribonzai.com/m/storelocator). Otherwise, you will be spending A LOT ... A LOT ... of time waiting for a wetsuit. This may cause you to miss the swim start and the swim clinic. Please do it at their store or online ahead of time to save you time at the clinic and the race.

For the newbies out there, just ask a veteran triathlete how long it takes to put on a wetsuit and you will realize that my 2 minutes estimate is probably faster than most pro triathlete can put on their wetsuit. I can't emphasize it enough .... do it online or go to their store or you will be quite frustrated by the whole process. If you do it onsite, there is no guarantee that a wetsuit of your size will be available when its your turn to get one.

Please don't get pissy on clinic day or race day if you can't get your wetsuit in a timely manner. You have been warned!

Tuan

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1736
POSTED: 5/08/11 7:38 AM

Day One of PeasantMan went well. Perfect weather. Many rode the Kinetic Tri course or other routes, or peeled off to run or swim. About 50 attended the bike clinic, and over a hundred the swim clinic, followed by 500-meter loops in the lake. And a large crowd lingered into the night at a picnic and "bonfire" on the lake shore, before heading back to the campsites, cabins, and motels. Grand setting for a weekend excursion.

MaggieR    JOINED: 6/10/10    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 5/08/11 4:45 PM

Big thanks to Tuan, Adriana, and the fantastic volunteers for putting on such a stellar event! You guys rock!

Also - thanks to the guy volunteering at the turn-around with the Tall Starbucks cup - every time I circled the "cone" I couldn't help but laugh... what a good race distraction!!

kristoferkitto's ravatar kristoferkitto    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 59
POSTED: 5/08/11 7:52 PM

What a wonderful event! I'm so impressed, Tuan, Adriana, Matt, and everyone else you helped make this year's race a great, great time. Thanks so much! Can't wait for PeasantMan 2012. :)

Kris

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria