Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next Page

PeasantMan Triathlon - The Peasant's Retreat - Join the Revolution folks!!
CREATED: 03/09/11 by dsgrunning REPLIES: 93
HillOE's ravatar HillOE    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 74
RE: PeasantMan Triathlon - The Peasant's Retreat - Join the Revolution folks!!
POSTED: 5/08/11 8:21 PM

One of the best (training) races in the area/country/world!

Some say that Mother's Day is about sleeping in, breakfast in bed and maybe some flowers or a few hours at the spa. I say Mother's Day is getting up at 4:30, driving 2 hours, eating some GU and having a fun day multi sporting with your kid.

This was the best Mother's Day ever! Thanks Tuan, Adriana and Matt for putting together a great event, and a big Thank You to and all the fantastically awesome volunteers who cheered everyone, and especially Tristan, along to victory!

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 345
POSTED: 5/09/11 10:14 AM

Great Event guys!! Can't wait for next year :)

emiline's ravatar emiline    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 5/09/11 10:46 AM

I had a blast. So great to meet everyone. Looking forward to the next one!

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 611
POSTED: 5/10/11 12:41 PM

From Club (campsite) 24 and the Finish Line Party:
We believe Tristan qualified for Kona in his age group.
Does anyone else feel like they finally slept for the first time in a week last night? Becky, Tuan, Ed, Dennis, and the Highcloud crew started mtg and planning for this some ungodly early month like Jan. They put so much effort into it. We were joking - comparing it to last year. Remember the jellyfish, no swimming, MD police, and our transition grounds? It was fun, and has come so far. Good integration with the club and NTP'ers - still can't believe how many raised their hands when we asked who was doing their first tri.
My personal thanks to Brad G who, on the fly in military manner, helped me go from zero to 100 mph.
As we sang at the finish line, I've Had The Time Of My Life, and I owe it all to Tuan...Tuan...Tuan...Tuan...
TuanTuanTuanTuanTuanTuanTuanTuanTuanTuanTuan
Dirty Bit
(running man)

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 5/10/11 2:23 PM

I completely agree. We could not have done it without the leadership and support of the High Cloud’s PeasantMan Council:

Becky: Overall Volunteer Coordinator

Denis: Swim Coordinator

Jakob & Angela: Bike support from Revolution Cycles

Ron Benedict & Mark Z: BBQ and Operations

Ed Moser: Kayak support and Social Media

Amanda, Shireen and Anna : Swim, Bike & Run Coordinators

Gloria Gonzalez: Community Outreach Coordinator

Carrie and Brenda: Food Operations

Courtney: Webmaster and National Anthem singer

Randy: Logistics Director

Simon, Brad and Richard: Finish line Operations

Tuan, Matt & Adriana: Race Directors

Alex: Photos development

I would like to say thank you for coming to the event! We worked together to make this happened and it was a dream come true!

Also, many thanks to all of our super sponsors: Bonzai, Powerbar, Powerade, Gatorade, Under Armour, WSEM, Dicks Sporting Goods, the Lake Anna Winery, Mario’s Pizza, Best Buns, Georgetown Cupcakes, Fitness Concepts, GeorgeTown Running Company, Terra Chips, Red Top bag tags, Aquaphor, etc. Their help was simply PRICELESS!

Last but not least, many thanks to all our amazing volunteers for making the race an amazing experience and CONGRATULATIONS to all the awesome triathletes who raced this weekend! Can’t wait to read the race reports and join you for more Tri and life adventures!

Cheers and happy training!

Adriana

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1267
RE: PeasantMan Triathlon
POSTED: 5/11/11 8:57 AM

I am sorry Hillary, but we had to DQ Tristan. That son of yours can't be going Euro like that in the transition area. I am 100% convinced that he purposely waited for me to come by before he dropped his pants.

I second Adriana's sentiments. We had over 50 volunteers throughout this process helping us out. We had everyone from the DCTri board of directors to NTPers coming to our assistance.

I want to add an two extra names to the list. Kevin Markham and Ryan Troll helped us out tremendously by helping us market this event through the NTP newsletter and DCTri newsletter.

Below are the DCTri board members who really went out of the way to help us out on this one.

Amanda Chadwick
Ryan Troll
Courtney Fulton
Adriana Anderson
Kevin Markham

Sandy Chiang also helped us by simply being there. It puts some legitemacy to the event when the who's who of DCTri are there ... so I want to thank the DCTri Board of Directors for being part of PeasantMan and giving back to the sport.

For those who weren't there, Simon and Brad Gandy were at the finish line for 4 straight hours MC-ing the event while the smell of BBQ and GTown cupcakes were drifting by. They didn't even flinch.

Tuan

emle's ravatar emle    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 5/11/11 2:08 PM

Thanks to the folks who stopped by to get a massage after the race and I apologize to those athletes who signed up but didn't receive one because of the long wait.

Some of you might know but I am currently in my last semester of school studying massage therapy. Last winter I knew that I would have to complete an independent fieldwork assignment at some point this semester doing either chair or table massages. I started talking with Tuan in January or February to see if he would like to have a few volunteers giving massages after the race. Most of my classmates already completed their fieldwork requirements so I had a tough time getting additional people to help me out which is why there was only 3 of us on Sunday. I'm very grateful for the two guys (Jeff and Terence) who were able to make it to Lake Anna and join me. I hope those of you who did get a massage enjoyed the body work. It was a great experience for me.

Emily

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 239
POSTED: 5/11/11 4:43 PM

@Em, I'm just disappointed I didn't take you up on your offer to warm up before racers started coming in... I could have used it!

Congrats to all the athletes, particularly the new crop of triathletes that we christened this past weekend. What a great weekend it was!

I for one am still exhausted, but so happy the event went off relatively hassle free... (so unlike the first event at the Park in MD that will remain nameless).

I want to thank all of the volunteers again! You made my life on race day so much easier than I could have ever anticipated. Your great attitudes and energy were infectious and I know the racers appreciated your efforts. I certainly did! We couldn't have done it without your help!

Looking forward to Pman 2012! (especially since the spreadsheets and admin lists I created have already been made and now, vetted)

Results
POSTED: 5/13/11 9:54 PM

Hey All

The results for PeasantMan have now been posted. Please go to the PeasantMan High Cloud web page (http://www.highcloud.org/peasantman) and scroll to the middle/bottom of the page to see the results.

The results should be somewhat taken with a grain of salt when it comes to ranking. There were a few people who either didn't do all three disciplines or did one shorter or longer. If you see someone with a missing time, there is a very high probability that they skipped a leg. I would say that 95%+ of the people there did the correct s/b/r distances.

Here are some cool stats of the event:

Youngest Male: Tristan hertler - 8
Youngest Female: Grace Obando - 12
Oldest Male: Gopal Dharia - 68
Oldest Female: Kindy French - 63

Grace was our youngest finisher of all 3 disciplines. She had to operate under the pressure of having her mother and two sisters gawking at her at point blank in T1 as she was trying to change into bike mode. She also chicked her dad on the swim.

Tristan elected for the bike/run portion. Tristan was also DQ for going Euro in the transition area.

Gopal is not only 68 years old, but is an NTPer (new triathlete/first triathlon for those who do not know the acronym). Take note young puppies ... you are never too old to try new things or live life to its fullest.

========================
MORE HIGH CLOUD EVENTS
========================

To join more High Cloud endurance events please click here and you will be able to register for the upcoming events:

-- Alexandria Running Festival (http://mc-coop.org/arf)

-- High Cloud's International Peace Half Marathon (http://www.highcloud.org/20110910)

Also, if you would like to order your High Cloud gear or get in touch with our gear coordinator please reach out to Saguna at Saguna@highcloud.org (or gear@highcloud.org) and order your gear at: http://tinyurl.com/highcloudteamattire

==========
PICTURES
==========

Stay tuned as we will be posting the pictures from PeasantMan very soon!

Tuan

POSTED: 5/16/11 8:00 AM

PeasantMan Pictures - I emailed this out earlier this morning

Tuan

=======================================
Hey Guys,

You call can now stop driving by my house at all hours of the day. I get it. You want to see PeasantMan pictures and you want to know where your sweater wearing dog is. I can only grant you one wish ... below are the PeasantMan pictures.

You will notice that when you click on the URL, a page comes up that doesn't remotely look like pictures. Your first reaction will be WTF!?! It's the Nigerian Lottery all over again. Fear not people. Just create an account and you will have full access to all of the pictures. By creating the account, you promised to follow Vietnamese copy rights law. That is, download them free at will and give people the funny look when they mention the phrase "copy rights law."

There were about 2,000 pictures taken. These include s/b/r pictures as well as all festivities pictures. If you aren't in any of them, stop using spandex cloaking technology during a race. The last URL below is a link to all of the 2,000 pictures. The first 6 URLs are small subset samplings.

Pre-Race and Swim: http://highcloud.ning.com/photo/albums/peasant-man-prerace-swim

Swim exit: http://highcloud.ning.com/photo/albums/peasant-man-swim-exit

Bike / Run#1 http://highcloud.ning.com/photo/albums/peasant-man-bike-run-1

Bike / Run#2: http://highcloud.ning.com/photo/albums/peasant-man-bike-run-2

Finish line#1: http://highcloud.ning.com/photo/albums/peasant-man-finish-line-1

Finish Line#2 and Post race: http://highcloud.ning.com/photo/albums/peasant-man-finish-line-2

Complete set: http://highcloud.ning.com/photo

These pictures are complementary of our photographer Alex Nickodem. If you have any questions or would like to thank Alex, his email address is alex@highcloud.org

Tuan

RE: PeasantMan Triathlon
POSTED: 1/21/12 4:33 PM

We had a brief discussion about this during the NTP info session today. I thought that it may be a good idea to bump this thread up a little bit to let the 2012 NTP class get a flavor of this event. We will open up registration for the 2012 season at the end of February. This is the 2011 thread. A 2012 version will come when we open up registration. The event will take place on May 6, 2012. More details will be forth coming.

If you disagree that this thread should be bumped up,

CLICK HERE --->> CLICK HERE

If you want to know more about the event, go to our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/PeasantMan

Tuan,
The Freshest Prince of Saigon.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1655
POSTED: 1/22/12 9:23 AM

I hear PeasantMan this year, along with a free bike clinic and free open water swim clinic, will also feature a free Crossfit clinic. Sounds like a fun sports weekend in a beautiful setting.

jbrez's ravatar jbrez    JOINED: 1/30/11    POSTS: 243
POSTED: 1/22/12 5:04 PM

I hear racing PeasantMan makes you more attractive.

POSTED: 1/22/12 10:56 PM

Jason,

You heard correctly. For those not in the scientific field, Jason is referring to the latest article in the New England Journal of Medicine where it was proven that not only are those who race PeasantMan more attractive and sexually productive, but the children that they produce are smarter than their neighbors and less likely to burn in hell.

Tuan

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria