Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

Ironman Florida Official Countdown Page - 9 Days
CREATED: 10/28/09 by dsgrunning REPLIES: 46
ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1060
RE: Ironman Florida Official Countdown Page - 9 Days
POSTED: 11/09/09 2:36 PM

Tuan, thanks for sharing these pics. Everyone looked great! Seeing them gives me a bit of motivation that I'll be needing soon for my training. Btw, what does DSG stand for?

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1313
POSTED: 11/09/09 6:07 PM

Thanks Hugh

DSG is a marathon training group that I founded. It takes no dues. It has about 50 runners every year that gathers to train for the MCM or other fall marathons. It has about 6 DCTri folks in it but everyone there is marathoner first, triathlon second or not at all. I cap the number at 50 every year so as to build a closenit community. Since I don't take dues, there are really no incentives for me to bring in more folks than that. I do it as a way to give back to the running community and help new marathoners. We had about 13 first time marathoners this year.

DSG stands for Divorce Support Group but it has nothing to do with marriage or divorce. It's just my sense of humor on overdrive :) If you want to know more about it then visit http://www.dsgrunning.com/

During the marathon training season I write a weekly newsletter that rivals any race reports that I've ever posted on the DCTri board. It resembles the Sunday Bike ride emails that I send out weekly. It's good funny stuff :)

dcrainmaker's ravatar dcrainmaker    JOINED: 3/24/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 11/10/09 9:07 AM

I went ahead and posted my IMFL Race Report - complete with a gazillion pics:

http://dcrainmaker.blogspot.com/2009/11/ironman-florida-2009-race-report.html

Btw, check out the incredible drafting video that a guy shot mid-race (I embedded it within the post) - but amazing stuff. If you then look at other videos the guy shot (via YouTube), you'll see a front/rear camera mount setup. Pretty impressive.

wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
POSTED: 11/12/09 10:49 AM

Ray, where did you get the long-sleeved white race shirt? I am doing IMFL next year and will definitely need long sleeves to protect me from sunburn and sun poisoning.
Congratulations!
Tammy

catgold's ravatar catgold    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 87
:)
POSTED: 11/12/09 3:49 PM

Thanks for the compliments, Tuan. It was great seeing you out there. Ryan of course looked strong and was proudly wearing the DC Tri colors.

IMFL was a great experience. From NTP '08 to Ironman, I am so proud to have finished. I'm especially glad to have beat the swim cutoff by 13 minutes and the bike cutoff by 7 minutes. Hey, I'm not fast, but I am determined.

If anyone wants to hear my perspective from the back of the pack, feel free to contact me. My race report is on my blog (ironwomancat.blogspot.com). (Pictures are on the way.)

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 11/12/09 8:57 PM

What Cat is forgetting to say, is that even though she was going through pain. She had a smile on her face and greeted everyone she knew on the course. I heard he call me out twice, telling me to let's go, and good job. True competitor and inspiration.

dcrainmaker's ravatar dcrainmaker    JOINED: 3/24/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 11/18/09 11:22 PM

Hey Wombat-

Sorry for the delay, I was out of the country with zip access to the Internets. Here's where I picked up my compression kit:

http://www.trisports.com/craft-konakit.html

Not that I HIGHLY recommend the kit as it includes the undergarmets, which without would make for a very bad wet pants contest (trust me, I tried it out)... plus, it's simply cheaper anyway.

Though, if you pickup the compression calves note that I found that ran bigger than I expected. So go actually measure your calf and then pick the right size.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria