Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Water proof music
CREATED: 12/17/09 by harburgm REPLIES: 5
harburgm's ravatar harburgm    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 94
Water proof music
POSTED: 12/17/09 12:14 AM

Has anyone used water proof audio devices before? I want to get one, but am uncertain which ones would work well, and aren't that expensive.

Thanks for any advice!
Michelle

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 184
RE: Water proof music
POSTED: 12/17/09 9:53 AM

I used the interval system on H20audio.com for IM training.

I actually had an older model than this one and it worked great. The best part was, I could clip it to my visor and use it while running. Great for swim/run/bike days if you have a safe enough running/biking place.

You just have to make sure you have the right ipod for it.
http://www.h2oaudio.com/waterproof_headphone_system.php

harburgm's ravatar harburgm    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 94
POSTED: 12/17/09 10:15 AM

Perfect, thanks!

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 12/17/09 11:08 AM

I also just started using the H2OAudio Interval system. Depending on which iPod version you have you can get a pretty good discount - the 2nd Gen Shuffle system is probably 50% off. If you can't find a discount code, let me know as I have one I can pass on.

I think it works well - I didn't notice weight or the headphones while swimming and I found that I was more focused on my workout with music than without. I turned it off when I needed to share my lane and got more distracted and messed up my intervals a few times.

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 429
POSTED: 12/17/09 8:22 PM

I used the freestyle audio similar to the one below. It looks like the company has since been bought out. I found that it was not very practical since it strapped on the arm and if water got into your ears you could not hear the music. I've heard the h2oaudio is a much better option, but think the whole music while swimming thing is too much of a hassle. If I was Michael Phelps and in the pool 8 hours a day I might think otherwise.
http://www.gracedigitalaudio.com/freestyle-audio-soundwave-2gb-blue-p-83.html

novasupra's ravatar novasupra    JOINED: 12/3/09    POSTS: 70
POSTED: 12/17/09 9:25 PM

I use the Interval system from H20audio.com, great system, most important part of these systems is getting the right ear bud sizing because if water gets in your ear they don't work as well. The interval system comes with a bunch of different sizes to ensure a proper fit.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria