Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

borrow wetsuit for nations?
CREATED: 09/08/09 by kvb0805 REPLIES: 12
kvb0805    JOINED: 5/18/09    POSTS: 13
borrow wetsuit for nations?
POSTED: 9/08/09 3:26 PM

so i thought i wouldn't want to wear a wetsuit for nations back when i registered, but am thinking this week that it would be really nice to have one...and am screwed in terms of renting at this point as every local vendor is sold out!

anyone have one that they would so graciously allow this procrastinating fool to borrow?? sleeves or sleeveless doesn't matter- i'm about 5'10", 150lbs. i guess mens or womens doesn't matter either if you're about my size/frame.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
RE: borrow wetsuit for nations?
POSTED: 9/08/09 3:54 PM

You could contact tri bonzai http://rentals.tribonzai.com/rentals.aspx to rent a wetsuit. It's only $35 for the rental and you can get a size to fit you. They're within easy driving distance to pick up before the race on Sunday.

yadsko's ravatar yadsko    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 9/08/09 4:00 PM

I'm in the same boat and would love to borrow a wetsuit-- I waited too long to rent one and now everywhere is sold out! 5'5 female, 130 pounds, sleeves or sleeveless.

Tri Bonzai is sold out for the week, unfortunately. Do you know of any other places in the area that might not already be completely booked?

mark    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 9/08/09 4:43 PM

man i am in this boat too. i guess i am doing the swim wetsuit less

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 9/08/09 4:49 PM

Did you try Conte's? Or if you're willing to drive an hour, there's TriSpeed just north of Baltimore: http://tri-speed.com/

kvb0805    JOINED: 5/18/09    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 9/08/09 4:50 PM

yeah, bonzai and all contes locations are a no go for rentals. i guess i should have added to my post that i'm female, but would probably fit into small/medium men's sizes based on my height/frame. email is vanbruntk@gmail.com if you have one you're willing to part with for a weekend!

-kate

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 9/08/09 4:57 PM

For my fellow wetsuit-less folks, I found a website that will still rent and ship - wetsuitrental.com. Price is $40, and 2 day fedex shipping (you must order by WED) is another $20, not including return shipping. You can also ask for specific models in their stock. This is my first time using them, so we'll see how this goes.
Hope this helps!
-Jason

jgeldner    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 33
POSTED: 9/08/09 4:58 PM

I don't have one to lend out (i'll be using it), but i rented (and ultimately bought) my wetsuit from www.f2r.com. They were really helpful with the sizing, and if you order before 12pm pst, they'll ship same day (and have options, albeit expensive ones, for 2nd day and overnight shipping)

It's $45, and you give them a deposit that covers the rest of the cost of the suit. You get to keep it for 29 days, and if you don't return it, they just keep your deposit and you own it.

Not 100% ideal, but it's definitely a viable option (and a great wetsuit for a great value if you keep it)

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 9/08/09 5:47 PM

have a good race.

smakane's ravatar smakane    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 9/08/09 8:32 PM

I've used wetsuitrental. com and had a great experience... ended up buying the sleeveless suit I rented so I could have the sleeve vs. sleeveless option... they first time I used them I was sent the wrong size and they next day delivered the correct suit and trusted me to return both when done racing... good luck...

Amanda    JOINED: 9/10/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 9/10/09 5:57 PM

I just talked to my friend Darrin at Bonzai Sports. He can get you a suit for this weekend. Call him on Friday at the store 703-280-2248. I just spoke with him and he has some suits set aside for DC Tri Club Members on Friday. He is in from 10-7. Make sure you tell him you are a DC Tri Club Member and referred by Amanda. Good Luck!

Amanda    JOINED: 9/10/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 9/10/09 5:58 PM

I just talked to Darrin at Bonzai Sports. He can get you a suit for this weekend. Call him on Friday at the store 703-280-2248. I just spoke with him and he has some suits set aside for DC Tri Club Members on Friday. He is in from 10-7. Make sure you tell him you are a DC Tri Club Member and referred by Amanda. Good Luck!

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 9/10/09 5:59 PM

I just got an e-mail from Falls Road Running Store in Baltimore saying that they have wetsuits available for rental. Another option in case you don't want to/can't take advantage of the Bonzai or online vendors.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria