Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Fall Backyard Burn Series
CREATED: 09/08/09 by jules REPLIES: 5
jules    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 110
Fall Backyard Burn Series
POSTED: 9/08/09 4:47 PM

Registration is open for the Fall Backyard Burn trail running series. These races are a lot of fun!

Fall Backyard Burn Trail Running Series
Sun 10/11 – Prince William Forest Park in
Triangle, VA
Sun 11/1 – Wakefield Park in Annandale, VA
Sun 11/15 – Fountainhead Regional Park in
Fairfax Station, VA
Sun 12/6 – Hemlock Overlook in Clifton, VA
The popular Backyard Burn is a series of 5 and 10 mile trail running races held on some of the best trail networks in the Northern Virginia Area. All the courses include a mixture of forested fire roads, twisty hiking trails, several stream crossings, grassy fields, and minimal pavement.
For the past few years, these races have sold out well before race day and it looks like this will happen in the Fall Series. So, register today to guarantee your position on the starting line.

http://www.ex2adventures.com/byb-fall-registration.php

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1068
RE: Fall Backyard Burn Series
POSTED: 9/08/09 5:44 PM

I'm thinking of doing the final two races this year.

There was a pretty good crew that did all of the races last year. If you haven't done any trail racing this is a great way to get involved. Also, STICK AROUND AFTER THE RACE. They randomly give away a lot of really good stuff at every race.

carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
POSTED: 9/08/09 8:17 PM

I have never done trail running, but have been intrigued. This sounds like fun. And this may be a stupid question, but should I get trail shoes or are my regualr running shoes OK?

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1783
POSTED: 9/08/09 9:48 PM

Regular shoes ok. Except maybe on days that are wet. Fun series, but known for some slips and falls on rugged course during rainy days.

ajulia's ravatar ajulia    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 145
POSTED: 9/09/09 1:27 PM

This series is a lot of fun! Most of the races will sell out beforehand, so don't wait too long.

I'm in for the 10-mile series. Glutton for mud.

DoggyBrown's ravatar DoggyBrown    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 137
POSTED: 9/09/09 6:07 PM

i second all the comments so far. It's a great series, and very good on the swag/prizes.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria