Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

XSport Fitness Alexandria
CREATED: 04/17/12 by jorlie REPLIES: 8
jorlie's ravatar jorlie    JOINED: 11/19/10    POSTS: 57
XSport Fitness Alexandria
POSTED: 4/17/12 7:00 PM

I'm thinking about joining this gym primarily b/c of the pool hr flexibility (5am to midnight 7 days/wk). Any members out there? Thoughts...good or bad? I'd appreciate any insight.

Jorlie

RAFTRI's ravatar RAFTRI    JOINED: 12/22/10    POSTS: 27
RE: XSport Fitness Alexandria
POSTED: 4/17/12 7:51 PM

I have been a member since Dec 2010 and use the pool twice a week....I have only seen it busy a couple of times....usually get a lane to myself or worst case is share with one other person. Not sure when it gets busy, but suspect it will be quiet at 5am!!! When are you thinking of swimming?

POSTED: 4/17/12 8:07 PM

On weekends, looking to be done by 8am, weekdays start swim around 7-8pm. Looking to swim 3-4x week. I imagine Friday nights is quiet, so I can get my long swim after kids are in bed around 8pm.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1794
POSTED: 4/17/12 10:44 PM

I think about 10 people from DCT belong to it. The few times I've been there, been impressed by the pool, the number of classes, the sheer number of weights, the number of people there, easy parking.

rich1422's ravatar rich1422    JOINED: 12/5/09    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 4/18/12 10:40 AM

I've been a member since November of 2009. The pool varies depending on the time of year. In the summers the early weekday mornings are more crowed than you would think. Overall, compared to other pools in the area I think it is pretty good. They also have some really good spin instructors for off season workouts.

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 250
POSTED: 4/18/12 1:45 PM

there are a bunch of us who belong. I go at various times to swim, more often these days during a weekday in the early afternoon when I telework - which is perfect. I've never had to wait for a lane, but I'm perfectly okay sharing (some people will wait for their own, the middle lanes are somewhat narrow). The few times I've gone on weekend mornings it's been busy, but again, I can get in. So much better than Chiquapin or other rec centers which always seem to have something going on in half the lanes (i.e., masters or classes).

If you're in Old Town, there's an outdoor pool in the summer (12-7) that's 2 bucks, nice to be in daylight.

consoldane's ravatar consoldane    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 4/19/12 7:03 AM

XSports is pretty cool. Pool gets a little busy after work (between 5:30-7pm), but that means you have to share a lane with someone. Spin classes, yoga classes, all pretty good. I left Washington Sports Club to go here and haven't looked back.
Tony

sose    JOINED: 6/21/11    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 4/19/12 10:30 AM

I want to dump Sport and Health once and for all. I go to the Skyline one primarily for the pool.

How much is Xsport a month?

POSTED: 4/19/12 6:22 PM

Thx for the input. I did get a tour & got a 7 day comp pass to check it out. I just got back from swimming at Xsport & it was fine. I'll be joining them. I checked into the family option (to include my wife) and it is $42 per month. Chinquapin comes out to $4 per visit on the 25 visit pass, so the XSport price is actually cheaper if I swim 3-4x per week, plus I get to include my wife as an added bonus. Winner!!!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria