Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

"Basics of Pacelining" @ HP b4 HH (all welcome)
CREATED: 06/19/13 by abbyjs REPLIES: 4
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
"Basics of Pacelining" @ HP b4 HH (all welcome)
POSTED: 6/19/13 7:40 AM

All,

I will lead a "Basics of Pacelining" clinic at Hains Point (meet at the tennis court parking lot) at 5:30 PM tomorrow night (Thursday 6/20) before the Happy Hour at Cantina Marina. Please bring a lock for your bike if you plan on attending the HH since Cantina is super stickler about no bikes at the restaurant.

ALL are welcome. Road bikes if you have them.

Please reply here to let me know you are interested.

Cheers,

Abby

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1045
RE: "Basics of Pacelining" @ HP b4 HH (all welcome)
POSTED: 6/19/13 6:08 PM

Most likely, I won't be at the 'Basics of Pacelining', but you can find me at the 'Basics of Pacing Your Drinks While Training for an Ironman Training'. I should be at Cantinas around 7-7:30pm.

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 454
POSTED: 6/20/13 7:17 AM

Abby you already have a problem with dudes drafting off you at races. No reason to teach more people to draft off you! ;)

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 6/20/13 8:16 AM

Kevin... True story. ;)

But, for group rides and workouts, safety is important! Handling skills, communication, and learning how to work as a group can make bikes even more fun than they already are!!

The only reason I got good at group riding and pacelining is because I was taught how to do it. Paying it back...

Nicole's ravatar Nicole    JOINED: 1/21/12    POSTS: 65
POSTED: 6/20/13 4:10 PM

This is a great idea -- I can't make it today, but I hope you do it again sometime...

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria