DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Cervelo P2 Carbon, NEW 2010 frame & excellent Campy kit - Retirement Sale
CREATED: 08/22/10 by DuathlonFreak REPLIES: 5
DuathlonFreak's ravatar DuathlonFreak    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
Cervelo P2 Carbon, NEW 2010 frame & excellent Campy kit - Retirement Sale
POSTED: 8/22/10 9:30 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm retiring from competition due to a severe hamstring injury and I have a unique Cervelo P2 Carbon TT bike that needs a good home. The bike was rebuilt in mid-August 2010 with a New P2 carbon warranty replacement frame from Cervelo. Contes rebuilt the bike using my existing parts - a custom build in fall 2007 with over $3000 in high end components. The bike was picked up today and has never been ridden on the new frame.

Here's the basics:

- NEW 2010 Cervelo P2 carbon TT frame, size 56
- 2007 Campagnolo Chorus carbon 10 speed components with Campy Record bar end shifters. 39/53 carbon crankset and 12-25 cassette.
- 2007 Vision TT full carbon time trial bars
- Campy Scirocco training wheels with Michelin Krylion Carbon tires
- Fizik Arione Tri Carbon saddle

also included: TACX silver bottle cage, Cateye micro wireless bike computer installed. Pedals negotiable, Look Keo Carbon.

This was my racing bike, used lightly for training as most of my mileage was on one of my other two road bikes. Built new in 2007 and only raced a few times in 2009 before injury forced me to stop in October. Total race history is 10-15 events plus a few training races at Hains Point.

Never crashed or damaged, the frame was replaced under warranty due to a hairline crack at the top tube/seat tube junction.

Raced at Duathlon Nationals and Duathlon World Championships in 2008 with HED 3 Carbon race wheels, also for sale. 2009's only races were Nationals, Savageman, and American Zofingen.

Campagnolo Chorus is a beautiful high end group which outperforms Dura Ace and is completely serviceable and rebuildable, unlike Shimano.

Cost to build this bike new is ~$5000 but I will sell for much less. I have no idea what my asking price is but I wanted to get the word out for people interested in a fall race/IM. If you're looking for a world class, Kona winning TT bike with excellent components, this is it. Price is TBD but it will be priced to sell so please tell your friends who are in the market. DC Tri folks who know me can vouch for the bike and the fact that I take care of my gear. Email me for pictures or to take a look or test ride.

The bike will probably go on Craigslist and eBay soon but I would prefer to see it find a home with DC Tri. Feel free to ask any questions or make an offer.

Ride safe everyone,

Lawrence

RE: Cervelo P2 Carbon, NEW 2010 frame & excellent Campy kit - Retirement Sale
POSTED: 8/25/10 9:47 PM

UPDATE - Price for the complete bike is $2900 or best offer. Sounds expensive until you realize the FRAME ONLY is $2000 and I doubt you'll find any 2010 P2 frames on sale. The parts kit to build this bike was over $3000, so 900 is a pretty fair deal for ultra high end, three year old parts that were very lightly used.

Make me an offer or email to come take a look. This is a fantastic bike that took great care of me and needs a good home!

I'm selling my pair of HED 3 Carbon tubular race wheels for $600. If you buy the whole package we can make a great deal for you, I'm sure.

Bike is on Craigslist with pictures at: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/bik/1919440594.html

POSTED: 9/15/10 9:12 PM

Price reduced to $2700.

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 9/16/10 3:20 PM

PM sent

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 9/16/10 8:05 PM

Damnit I wish I was taller.

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 9/16/10 10:56 PM

Hey there... super interested in taking the bike for a spin. I tried to PM you, but I don't know if it went through, and I can't find an email address.

I'm a tall girl in need of a tri bike! My road bike is a 58cm, but I hear a 56cm tri bike might be the right fit.

Write me!

abby.sanford19 at yahoo.com

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria