Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Volunteers Needed for Aug. 28 Training Tri
CREATED: 08/22/10 by ncrcoach REPLIES: 12
ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1065
Volunteers Needed for Aug. 28 Training Tri
POSTED: 8/22/10 10:01 PM

Hey Everyone - this Saturday we need about 10 more volunteers for our last training tri of the year. Contact me at racedirector at dctriclub.org -Hugh

RE: Volunteers Needed for Aug. 28 Training Tri
POSTED: 8/25/10 12:32 AM

Okay, all of you Reston century riders, IronGirl competitors and let's not forget the Timberman finishers. This is a great oppurtunity to help out with the club and volunteer for the training tri this Saturday, August 28th. If you wish to do so, please contact me at racedirector at dctriclub.org

Thanks.
Mr. Harris

POSTED: 8/26/10 1:37 PM

Just making one last call for volunteers on Saturday. Several of the duties of volunteers are timing/recording, gear watchers, course marshall, water stop and grill master. Shoot an email over to me if you can help out. racedirector at dctriclub.org

-Hugh

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1795
POSTED: 8/28/10 10:49 AM

Spurred on by big crowds and traffic, the police controversially suspended the race halfway thru the run leg. Some finished the run on their own.

I think the events will continue when this blows over; the police were totally stressed by the unusual crowds and amount of traffic today. And the coincidence of Team in Training doing an event at the same time in the same pool and course!

dixonm's ravatar dixonm    JOINED: 7/1/09    POSTS: 73
POSTED: 8/28/10 11:01 AM

Thanks to Hugh and the volunteers for putting on another great event--it's a shame the Park Police shut us down before everybody could finish.

This is my fourth training race at Haine's Point and I never recall the police giving us a hard time before (though some other club members reported that they were ticketing folks for riding through the stop signs back at the July event). Even when we did the training du during the Cherry Blossom Festival, the police didn't hassle us.

Is this a sign that our training event days at the Point are coming to an end?

Matt

bsull184's ravatar bsull184    JOINED: 2/6/10    POSTS: 283
POSTED: 8/28/10 11:48 AM

Yikes. Sorry it didn't go well. Did you at least end up getting the pool after all the permit problems?

The fire alarm in my apartment building went off, and I hit my alarm instinctively and turned it off. Woke up at 8am and realized what I did.

younkink's ravatar younkink    JOINED: 7/6/09    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 8/28/10 1:55 PM

Serious Kudos to hugh for keeping his cool today. Those park police officers were not very kind :(

At the very least we know we can still bbq & run on sidewalks.

POSTED: 8/28/10 2:46 PM

Thanks to all of the volunteers who came out to help this morning. After problems with the pool permit again and a change in the bike course, at least there were no serious accidents. And thanks to Wes for stepping in to grill at the bbq. At least we didn't have our bbq shut down.

Matt, not sure what to think about future training events at HP. Younkink, keeping my cool comes in handy when I teach elementary school kids.

riggodrill's ravatar riggodrill    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 104
POSTED: 8/28/10 3:23 PM

Hugh, way to keep your cool. Thanks to all the volunteers. Special shout out to Ed Moser for guiding us around the hot corner at the end of the back side.

There were some crazy fast dudes out there. You guys were killing it on the run.

"Restore Honor"... let the training tri's continue!

-- TJ

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 8/28/10 5:03 PM

Thanks again Hugh, I really liked the 5x3.2 mile loops. I think it should be considered for future HP tris and dus.

KBRESLIN    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 62
POSTED: 8/30/10 9:11 PM

Thanks a bunch Hugh & volunteers!!

slowtwitchva's ravatar slowtwitchva    JOINED: 2/18/10    POSTS: 207
POSTED: 8/30/10 9:55 PM

Thanks Hugh and all the volunteers. I had a great time working the grill! Good luck to all next weekend.

japhillips87    JOINED: 1/23/10    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 8/30/10 10:16 PM

Thanks to Hugh and all of the volunteers!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria