Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Room and sunporch in shared house in Mt. Pleasant
CREATED: 07/21/09 by hbarney REPLIES: 4
hbarney's ravatar hbarney    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 7
Room and sunporch in shared house in Mt. Pleasant
POSTED: 7/21/09 9:35 AM

Two triathlete gals (and professional-ish women in our spare time) looking for a third person to live with us on the most beautiful street in Washington, DC. (This is confirmed fact. A woman walking down our block the other week said, "This is the most beautiful street in Washington, DC.")

We live on a leafy, picturesque dead end that simultaneously feels like an oasis in the midst of city life and the center of it all. We’re less than a fifteen-minute walk to Mt. Pleasant Street, Cleveland Park, Columbia Heights and Adams Morgan, and well served by the green, yellow and red lines, as well as the H2, H3 and H4 bus lines steps from our door. But steps in the opposite direction take you to Pierce Mill, Beach Drive, and the all the rest of Rock Creek Park, making it an ideal location for athletes and outdoor enthusiasts.

The house is two floors, with shared kitchen, sun porch, living room, dining room, half bath, and upstairs bathroom with shower. Your room is actually two rooms, one of which is half an enclosed sun porch so it gets lots of light in the morning. Previous tenants have used one room for a bed and the other for a sitting room or home office. The room is currently furnished. There is a washer/dryer, dishwasher, and an off-street parking space as well as plentiful unzoned street parking.

As housemates, we’re friendly, laid-back, and busy with our own lives, though we enjoy each others company when we’re both home for morning coffee on the front porch, evening beers on the back deck, weekend bike rides along Beach Drive, or the occasional late-night crash on the couch for some bad television. We'd likely be a good match for someone on the older end of group living (27+), neither terribly introverted nor extroverted, and respectful of common spaces.

Since we're both female, a woman is preferred. Rent is $1054/month plus utilities, which average about $85 for gas, electric, cable and wireless internet. Move in August 1st. Drop me a line if it sounds like we’d be a good fit!

zcates    JOINED: 7/22/09    POSTS: 1
RE: Room and sunporch in shared house in Mt. Pleasant
POSTED: 7/22/09 7:35 PM

I'm neither a female nor on the older end of group living (21!), however I am very interested in living on the most beautiful street in DC. I'm an avid triathlete and active person in general, and I love the location of your place. I'm still in college (doing a co-op in northern Va) yet very responsible and mature. If you could rent out the space from August to January and don't mind my gender and age I promise I will make a good housemate. I can be reached at 540-339-9393 or zcates@vt.edu.

minime's ravatar minime    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 7/27/09 10:45 AM

Sounds like a great place.
A friend of mine is interested. Is it still available?

Also, are dogs allowed?

hbarney's ravatar hbarney    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 7/27/09 8:24 PM

Yup, still available as of today. We're very open to the right dog, though the landlord will consider that on a case-by-case basis. So yeah, send her our way if it sounds like it could be a good fit!

heather.barney at gmail.com

minime's ravatar minime    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 7/29/09 9:28 AM

Thanks! I've pass along your info.

Best
Sheriece

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria