DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

ride to annual meeting
CREATED: 12/17/09 by kebeebe REPLIES: 11
kebeebe    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
ride to annual meeting
POSTED: 12/17/09 5:47 PM

Hi -

As a car-less NW DC dweller, I am looking for a ride to the annual meeting on Saturday afternoon. I live at the corner of 14th and Euclid St NW, but could meet you/your car somewhere more convenient for you. My cell is 617-461-8354 if that helps. Thanks!

Kelzie

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 514
RE: ride to annual meeting
POSTED: 12/18/09 11:05 PM

It doesn't look like it'll be safe to be driving anywhere in the region tomorrow. I'm wondering if the meeting will be rescheduled if and when tomorrow's meeting is canceled.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1047
POSTED: 12/19/09 12:02 AM

Hopefully, we'll know early tomorrow about whether the event is postponed or not. Either way, I'm taking the metro.

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 12/19/09 9:11 AM

Well we hope to have a final decision before noon (hopefully sooner) but I would say it is not looking good...and as president you can all blame me if it is cancelled :-) Official word will be on the buzz section and there should be an email blast as well.

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 514
POSTED: 12/19/09 11:19 AM

There's a blizzard warning until 6 pm. The drafthouse isn't located immediately near a Metro station so you'd still have to get a taxi but I doubt there are going to be many taxis out today. It just seems like it's too risky to get out there, given how much snow and wind we'll have. Don't forget how poorly this area handles big snow storms like this. At this point, I'm actually wondering if the roads will be clear by Monday or Tuesday.

Stay safe everyone.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1047
POSTED: 12/19/09 11:48 AM

Highly understandable. This is from Weather.com

BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST THIS EVENING... ... WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM EST SUNDAY...

A BLIZZARD WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS AND POOR VISIBILITIES ARE LIKELY. THIS WILL LEAD TO WHITEOUT CONDITIONS... MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. DO NOT TRAVEL. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... HAVE A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT WITH YOU. IF YOU GET STRANDED... STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE.

courtr26's ravatar courtr26    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 117
Watch Kona at an Arlington bar...
POSTED: 12/19/09 12:55 PM

Hey everyone,

Since the annual meeting is canceled, we thought we'd post something and see if anyone would want to watch the IM championships at Baileys in the Ballston mall. It's a place where people can walk to if they live close by and it is right off the Ballston metro. You can access the mall through the walkway from the metro. I called and asked if we'd be able to view it there and they said yes. Just email the forum if you are interested. It would be fun to get a group to go and get outside of the house for a bit. And some great beer of course! ;)

Courtney and Ron

UPDATE: Metro is closing at 1:00 so may be limited to walkers in the local area or those that want to drive up

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 12/19/09 1:51 PM

THANK YOU for canceling the meeting! Best not to encourage us Type A triathletes who think we're Super-Persons. Everyone be safe and warm today!

- Suzanne

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 12/19/09 3:33 PM

actually driving outside today is not that bad at all. in a lot of ways its much safer and easier than everday driving in dc or alexandria.

since nobody is on the raods and everyone is afraid of "blizzard" language that means most poeple are at home and not driving. as long as you know how to drive, which most people don't so they stay home, you can get around very easily today its actually quite refreshing to drive now.

pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 233
POSTED: 12/19/09 3:52 PM

Yes, far be it from us humble triathletes to heed the advice of city and state officials to stay off the roads...clearly we must know more than them! Prolly the same idiots think they know better than race directors and spout off dumb ideas on this board...

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1293
POSTED: 12/19/09 4:39 PM

it's currently on the web

http://www.justin.tv/boxlive21

seewhatucando's ravatar seewhatucando    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 116
POSTED: 12/19/09 4:41 PM

As usual.. I should have realized Tuan would come through. God Bless you...I was about to throw a fit.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria