Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Marie Reed Pool
CREATED: 02/05/10 by lizaloi REPLIES: 3
lizaloi    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 4
Marie Reed Pool
POSTED: 2/05/10 10:51 AM

I'd like to start swimming there. Is it safe to assume that when school classes are canceled the pool is also closed? Does anyone who swims there have any advice on when it is open? There are conflicting hours on the DC gov site. Thanks!

ajulia's ravatar ajulia    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 143
RE: Marie Reed Pool
POSTED: 2/05/10 11:12 AM

I used to swim there and learned not to trust the website :o) You might want to call or swing by in the early evening and look at the hours posted on the white board -- those tend to be the most reliable. During certain times of year there are morning hours, which are not always posted online. When in doubt, call ahead!

DSmith's ravatar DSmith    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 2/05/10 12:10 PM

I spoke with the lifeguard there the other day and, as far as I can tell, the hours are: Tues, Thurs open 6:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m. Mon-Fri from 3:00-5:30 p.m. is open swim. Mon, Wed & Thurs from 5:30-8:00 p.m. is lap swim and on Tues and Fri. lap swim is extended to 9:00 p.m. It is not open on the weekends.

I could've sworn it was open other days of the week in the morning, but he assured me it was only open two mornings during the week.

I also assume it will be closed today because of the school closings.

chloevdc's ravatar chloevdc    JOINED: 1/25/10    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 2/08/10 12:06 AM

Here is some info on the pool, I have found it to be pretty accurate. I believe it pretty much echoes what @DSmith stated.
I'll be swimming there at 6am on Tuesdays and Thursdays, if anyone is interested in meeting up.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria