Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New York City Tri Hotel????
CREATED: 07/21/09 by toma REPLIES: 5
toma's ravatar toma    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 21
New York City Tri Hotel????
POSTED: 7/21/09 5:04 PM

Folks, whats the Hotel I saw recommended for NYC Triathlon which was not the Host Hotel but very close and reasonable price. I remember folks mentioned it awhile back in a forum string.

Yes some of us are insane enough to race NYCTri vs. NJTri. It wil be my first NYCTri

Maybe Billy Elliot will be racing??? ;)

Thanks,

Toma

postie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 46
RE: New York City Tri Hotel????
POSTED: 7/22/09 9:09 AM

I'm not sure where the majority of DC Tri Club folks are staying... However, I recommend the Lucerne Hotel. I stayed there last year for the triathlon, and found it to be very conveniently located AND reasonably priced ($200/night). The transition area is a safe 12-min walk (downhill) from the hotel. Also, there's a great Italian restaurant across the street - Coppola's.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 7/22/09 9:33 AM

any place on the upper west side is fine, you have places like the bellaclaire, on the ave, etc that are 4 minute walk to transition very easy good luck.

Brent_J's ravatar Brent_J    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 7/22/09 10:36 AM

I also recommend the Bel Claire, the deli around the corner is open early enough to get a bagel and bucket of coffee. And walking to transition is a huge draw.

toma's ravatar toma    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 7/22/09 1:38 PM

Belleclaire it is. Hope to see DCTri folks there

Toma

Brent_J's ravatar Brent_J    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 7/22/09 2:38 PM

If youre an old dude like me, youre wave will go first. But the young whipper snappers were actually able to set up thier gear in the transition area and walk back to the hotel to take a nap. pretty cool deal.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria