DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Nation's Tri Participant List
CREATED: 09/09/09 by ppgodes REPLIES: 15
ppgodes's ravatar ppgodes    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 83
Nation's Tri Participant List
POSTED: 9/09/09 12:20 PM

Hey,

I know there are 6 million people registered for this thing...but was wondering do they have a participant list available for viewing. I know many races allow you to see who is entered. Couldn't find anything on the main website.

Thanks,

Paula

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1064
RE: Nation's Tri Participant List
POSTED: 9/09/09 1:21 PM

I don't think the participant list will be available. It's a pretty small staff that puts on this race and I suspect that, other than direct athlete updates and messages, there won't be too many changes to the website between now and then.

Cheers!

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 9/09/09 3:00 PM

Sounds like Paula is trying to get a list of people in her age group, get thier stats, expliot thier weakneses, and then crush thier spirits on the race course as she glides to vicotry.

It's that or she is just curious.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 9/09/09 3:26 PM

Will DC Tri be setting up the tent? Would love to see you all after I crawl across the finish line. At least this year the finish line will be closer to transition. That is a welcome change.

POSTED: 9/09/09 8:05 PM

I don't think the tent will be there but there is some space for DC Tri as far as I know. THere may have been something in the eNews today.

I was also thinking we could have a post-race, old-school happy hour down the road at Cantina Marina.

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 9/09/09 10:01 PM

Is DC Tri the hometown Triathlon club? Are we providing 400 racers and dozens of volunteers? Why don't we get a tent?

Tri California hooks the Golden Gate Tri Club up w/: happy hours, tent space, free slots, early sign-up, etc.

But, Terri of Tri California is God and everybody else just isn't.

POSTED: 9/09/09 11:51 PM

We're getting free expo space, free publicity, lots of cash, free schwag, free entries, early sign-up and if we wanted the tent there, we probably could have it there. I know the guy who signed the deal with Nation's and it's pretty favorable to DC Tri.

What Nation's won't do for us is stop by Joe's house, pick up the tent and set it up for us at 4:30am on Sunday. Until they, or someone else does that for us, we probably won't have the tent at Nation's.

Besides, there is no booze on Nat'l Park grounds. There is booze at the old-school, post-race happy hour at Cantina Marina. No brainer.

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 9/09/09 11:58 PM

Does Joe want someone to stop by his house at 4:30 am on Sunday? Because I'm actually free then and might just be willing to do it. Although personally I prefer Travis's suggestion of Cantina Marina.

POSTED: 9/10/09 12:03 AM

Thanks, Travis. I didn't know that DC Tri was getting so much stuff from Nation's.

Is it possible to leave the tent overnight at the Polo Grounds? I knew we should have bought a moon bounce instead.

POSTED: 9/10/09 9:15 AM

And hey- aren't you racing nation's on one of those free entries ;)

I do think we have some sort of space at transisiton, so look for a banner, but honestly, getting the tent there just isn't really an option. There's no where to park down there and it's too heavy to carry down.

We're using the tent at the race expo so getting it from the hotel to transition and then back out of there is more hassle than we should be willing to volunteer Joe for. Especially on his birthday.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1772
POSTED: 9/10/09 10:22 AM

Travis: Like your style, creating a post-race happy hour in the space of two postings....

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 975
POSTED: 9/10/09 10:36 AM

We could always set the tent up at the DC Tri Water Stop. :)

POSTED: 9/10/09 11:22 AM

Now that I think about it, the National Park Service and Park Police may have tight restrictions for hanging banners and putting up tents. I still like those giant flags -- no assembly required.

Any word on where the official DC Tri water stop is?

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1060
POSTED: 9/10/09 12:05 PM

The DC Tri water stop is at mile 5 on the run course which is right near the Bureau of Engraving and close to L'enfant Plaza.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 9/10/09 2:28 PM

ohhh ohh ohh - post race happy hour - where is this Cantina Marina place - If I race really fast will I have time to go home and shower? I would skip my kid's pre season swim meeting for this - sorry kimberly - but then again, kimberly should skip the meeting and come play.

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 9/10/09 2:54 PM

Post-race happy hour what what what? This might help with my "last tri of the season blues" which are already setting in hardcore. Thank goodness I'm in at Columbia! :)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria