Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Non-DC resident Hains Point pool pass
CREATED: 07/21/09 by carrieacampbell REPLIES: 10
carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
Non-DC resident Hains Point pool pass
POSTED: 7/21/09 8:18 PM

Hi. I read something in a thread here recently about having to buy a pass for Hains Point pool if you don't live in DC. I've searched the forums but can't find the thread. Does anyone know where I buy this valuable pass? Thanks!!

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
RE: Non-DC resident Hains Point pool pass
POSTED: 7/21/09 8:50 PM

Just a heads up that while there may be a sign on the entrance to Hains Point pool that says "100% ID Check" I have never been asked to show ID - weekend or weekday. Just putting it out there... has anyone ever been asked?

Andy

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 610
POSTED: 7/21/09 9:46 PM

About five weeks ago I was asked for my ID, and I showed my VA license. I reached back into my wallet for cash and he said they weren't charging yet but would start soon. I've been a few times since and no one's manned the office, no ID check, and just walk in.

jpdavis's ravatar jpdavis    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 26
POSTED: 7/21/09 10:26 PM

I have gone there 2-3X aweek for the past month and have been asked for my ID EVERY time. (they do not really look at the photo, though). I am not aware of any passes, there are rates posted for non DC people,,, I think it was $4-$6

lieutenantmudd's ravatar lieutenantmudd    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 68
POSTED: 7/21/09 11:27 PM

Not to add to the confusion (as I don't know for sure), but I don't think they take cash either. When I have gone, they have asked for ID. But, they barely looked at my out of state license and DC voter ID card when I offered that up.

It's a surprisingly nice pool though. Workouts in long course pool are alot better than workouts in 25 yard pools. You get in a better grove and you aren't swimming on top of people. Plus it's outdoors too.

stevepowell's ravatar stevepowell    JOINED: 3/31/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 7/22/09 12:43 AM

Was asked ONCE for my ID... other 10 times or so I just walked in. Great 50 meter outdoor pool with 3-4 lanes dedicated to serious lap swimmers. Lots of triathletes, too.

POSTED: 7/22/09 7:32 AM

Wow. Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'll just show up with some cash on hand & see what happens.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 7/22/09 9:29 AM

don't bring cash they don't accept it. AGAIN THEY DO NOT ACCEPT CASH.

1. either goto dc parks dept and buy 1 day passes $4 each or the season pass with cash or check
2. go near closing 1-1.5 hours before closing and uusally they never check id or ask for money at that point.

POSTED: 7/22/09 6:54 PM

Where is the DC parks dept? Do they have a website so I can get their hours?

lieutenantmudd's ravatar lieutenantmudd    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 68
POSTED: 7/22/09 6:59 PM

http://dpr.dc.gov/dpr/cwp/view,A,1239,Q,550518.asp

POSTED: 7/22/09 10:26 PM

Thanks again!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria