Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Saris v. Thule?
CREATED: 03/10/11 by PamS REPLIES: 5
PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 365
Saris v. Thule?
POSTED: 3/10/11 11:29 AM

I'm looking to get a trunk bike rack for 2-3 bikes. Most shops carry Saris or Thule. What do you guys recommend?

RAFTRI's ravatar RAFTRI    JOINED: 12/22/10    POSTS: 27
RE: Saris v. Thule?
POSTED: 3/10/11 12:08 PM

I had a Saris Bones (3) which fitted on my mustang convertible easily. It did a 2000 mile road trip last summer with 2 bikes on board and never caused a problem. Watch to make sure you keep the rubber pads clean otherwise it will mark your paintwork.
After setting up the arms and the straps it was easily fitted and removed in a couple of minutes.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 3/10/11 1:40 PM

i set up a saris bones for a friends on a car and it works well once you have it set up, its a bit of ahassle the first time but when you do it a couple of times its really easy.

the saris racks seem to be aesthtically a little better looking than the thule trunk racks, but i have no expericne with setting up thule trunk racks.

then again i like fork mount roof racks that are thule and I think the roof rack option is the way to go, so take that into consideration that i'm biased toward roof racks.

only thing with trunk mounts is that you have to really tie the bikes down securely or else you will notice your bike/car will pick up dings from the bikes bashing around against each other and your car.

MallowCN83's ravatar MallowCN83    JOINED: 1/20/11    POSTS: 59
POSTED: 3/10/11 3:09 PM

Although I can't comment much on trunk bike racks, I have a hitch mounted Saris rack and I like it so far (considering I've used a total of two times).

mcbkrun's ravatar mcbkrun    JOINED: 6/17/09    POSTS: 32
POSTED: 3/10/11 8:28 PM

Saris all the way.

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 365
POSTED: 3/11/11 9:17 AM

Looks like Saris. Thanks guys!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria