Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Looking For Disabled Veteran Triathletes
CREATED: 02/05/10 by philotri REPLIES: 5
philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
Looking For Disabled Veteran Triathletes
POSTED: 2/05/10 9:48 PM

This came from the USAT Coaching listserv and while I don't know anyone who is eligible, I thought that with the military connections of several of our members, someone in the club might know an athlete who'd like to take advantage of this offer.

Michele

My foundation, TriSoldier, has partnered with Paralyzed Veterans of America to put together a sponsorship for the Lake Stevens (WA) Ironman 70.3. We are looking for disabled veterans (any disability, service connected or non service connected) that want to do the Half Im in August. Sponsorship will cover Travel, Lodging, Meals, Uniforms and Entry Fees as well as coaching from Cadence Performance Lab through TrainingPeaks.

If you know anyone who might be interested please send them my way.

Thanks

Jeff Trout
TriSoldier Project
Cadence Training Lab
This Week in Triathlon

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1655
RE: Looking For Disabled Veteran Triathletes
POSTED: 2/06/10 9:48 AM

You might contact Andy McD about this. PVA's his charity.

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 2/06/10 10:21 AM

I'm writing an article on physically challenged triathletes from DC. Jeff can contact me here: kildaylisa at yahoo dot com

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 2/07/10 6:13 PM

Michele,

I will get with the MCB Quantico Wounded Warrior Program. See if they have any Wounded Triathletes working there.

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 2/07/10 6:57 PM

Thanks everyone for all of the help. I haven't seen any updates from Jeff but it would be great if someone from DC Tri could take advantage of this. I did hear from one athlete who was interested so thats good to see.

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 2/08/10 11:01 AM

I met an Army guy in the Pentagon who would probably go for this. I believe he works in their congressional liaison branch, I will check on Tues.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria