Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Arlington County Board Elections
CREATED: 10/12/10 by pgfde121 REPLIES: 1
pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 235
Arlington County Board Elections
POSTED: 10/12/10 12:11 PM

For all you ARL folks, election cycle is in full swing with the election held on Nov 2nd. Mark Kelly is running for the County board against incumbent Chris Zimmerman.

I'm thinking about hosting a coffee/beer meet and greet at my house one evening. If you would be at all interested in this please let me know by responding below.

A little more about Mark and his stance on the issues: http://kellyforarlington.com/

pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 235
RE: Arlington County Board Elections
POSTED: 10/15/10 3:12 PM

Dear Friends,

I'm planning on hosting a coffee meet n' greet for Mark Kelly on Friday Oct 22nd from 6:30-8:30PM. For those of you who have not followed local politics, Mark is running for Arlington County Board. Regardless of your party affiliation, this may be a good chance to interact with Mark and ask questions about any issues that affect you and your families. If you've been following local politics, perhaps you are...

Feeling a bit upset over that 10% property tax increase?

Concerned as to why Arlington County Board members fired the County Manager after a seven month candidate search and just 4 months on the job (hint, it has to do with him referring to fiscally responsible/restraint policies BEFORE the elections...), but then provided him with a more than generous severance package?

Frustrated that Arlington built yet another arts center at a cost of $7 million dollars?

Worried that if all four local bond referendums are approved, Arlington’s annual interest payments servicing the debt by fiscal 2013 will climb above $100 million for the first time (that's $500 for each resident of Arlington)?

Dismayed that all current board members voted in favor of opting out of the "secure communities" immigration enforcement program (which checks the immigration status of those booked into local jails (not during routine traffic stops, only for more serious crimes) by comparing fingerprints sent to the FBI’s criminal database to an ICE immigration database).

If you'd like to read more about Mark's campaign, please visit: http://kellyforarlington.com/. Coffee, soda and light snacks will be provided. As always, feel free to forward onto anyone else that may be interested. If you plan to attend please reply back with a head count.

Regards,

Ron Benedict
4305 11th St. N.
Arlington, VA 22201

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria