Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

NTPers: Bike Handling Clinic + a Brick-nic?
CREATED: 04/13/09 by dmboonchai REPLIES: 1
dmboonchai    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 6
NTPers: Bike Handling Clinic + a Brick-nic?
POSTED: 4/13/09 8:22 PM

I was one of those who wussed out for last Saturday's bike handling clinic (it was raining buckets in SoMD where I live). What are the chances of getting together with fellow NTPers before this Saturday's Brick-nic to go over the finer points of group riding? I've never ridden in a group before and am still having trouble getting used to my clip-ins. W/out some sort of primer, I fear I'll just be in the way trying to ride among the "pros."

I think the Brick-nic starts at 10:00 ... I wonder if we could meet at 9:00 or 9:30 at the park in Columbia?

Thanks!
Danita

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1287
RE: NTPers: Bike Handling Clinic + a Brick-nic?
POSTED: 4/13/09 9:14 PM

There will be plenty of people there to help you. The more experienced riders are coming to the bicknic for a little fun and not to race or outride anyone. You won't be in anyone's way. We are all there to help each other and have a little fun.

I believed that the NTP leaders are going to provide volunteer NTP ride leaders and sweepers for both the sprint and oly distance. Those volunteers as well as any of the other more experienced riders will be more then happy to help you ride around in a safe area to get you used to the clipless. Just ask anyone there and they'll either be able to help you or point you to someone who can.

As far as riding etiquette is concerned, go to the below thread. It has everything that you need to know.
http://www.dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=F3C715F9-F779-9A2B-571C96A1FBB84B44&page=1

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria