Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Eagleman 70.3 Swim Course has changed
CREATED: 04/13/09 by dsgrunning REPLIES: 3
dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1293
Eagleman 70.3 Swim Course has changed
POSTED: 4/13/09 9:20 PM

Just got an email from the race announcing that (constructions). It looks like we now have to swim clockwise instead of counter-clockwise. I'm a vertical swimmer. I breath to my left and only to my left.

Let me re-iterate what I said during my previous race report: ARE YOU FREAKEN KIDDING ME ? I now have to learn how to bilateral breath by race day ? ARE YOU FREAKEN KIDDING ME ? Why does god hate me so much ? WHY WHY WHY ?

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1047
RE: Eagleman 70.3 Swim Course has changed
POSTED: 4/13/09 11:14 PM

You have nine weeks to get this down. Just think about those who only breathe to the right and had to swim the old course. I used to do that but worked on it this winter. Maybe as part of your warm up or long swims of 200+ make sure you bilateral breathe. Do this in every workout and you'll get it down before race day. You can do it!

catgold's ravatar catgold    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 87
POSTED: 4/14/09 2:36 PM

Tuan - you will be okay. I promise. I am a terrible swimmer, but last year I decided to make myself breathe bilaterally. It was awful at first, but it quickly became old hat. I am still a terrible swimmer, but now I can swallow water from both sides equally.

Just practice between now and then I am sure you will be fine. I'd even put money on it.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 4/21/09 10:21 PM

try this method.

at the pool breathe to one side going down and then coming back breath to the other side, it will suck for about 2 weeks, but by the 3-4 week you will get the hang of it.

if you really want to learn how to bilateral breathe this is the easiest way, the method of breathing to each side every other stroek i find is too difficult in that you dont' get enough air.

try this method i guarantee it will work for you IF you actually stick with it and do it every workout for 4 weeks. the cool side benefit is that you will be able to breathe to either side easily afterwards and can do any race course.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria