Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Trishorts
CREATED: 06/02/09 by nopher REPLIES: 8
nopher    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 35
Trishorts
POSTED: 6/02/09 2:36 PM

Anyone know a good place in DC? I went to citysports and citybikes and neither had any trishorts...just bike shorts.

thanks,
Sophie

finnegen's ravatar finnegen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 56
RE: Trishorts
POSTED: 6/02/09 3:11 PM

I got mine at Conte's in Arlington, could try Capitol Hill Bikes on 8th & G, near Eastern Market

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 6/02/09 3:20 PM

City Sports on 19th St has tri shorts. When you walk in the door, go to the left. They have Zoot and TYR and maybe some others.

I haven't been to Capitol Hill Bikes in a while, but they never used to have a big women's selection. Maybe someone else can comment that has been there recently.

I think Georgetown Running has some too and they are a merchant partner. Fleet Feet isn't, but I would assume that they have some tri clothes.

Hope that helps!

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 6/02/09 3:47 PM

Georgetown Running in Friendship Heights has tri shorts. I was there a few weeks ago and remember seeing the TYR brand and maybe one other brand.

I've found the best place to buy tri shorts is at race expos - not very convenient but gets you the biggest selection and lowest prices by far. Maybe there will be a good expo for the June 21st tri here in DC?

alya72's ravatar alya72    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 49
POSTED: 6/02/09 4:19 PM

I got my favorite Pearl Izumi tri shorts at City Sports, but I had to dig through the bike shorts to find them.

guinness    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
POSTED: 6/02/09 4:23 PM

I have found both men and womens Pearl Izumi (like Amy, I am a fan of those, although I wear the men's for waist length - I'm 5'9") at Performance Bike on Rockville Pike. Their prices are relatively reasonable, and occasionally you can get very lucky on their clearance rack (I got much of my good heavy winter gear on 50% clearance there on a lucky day). REI is next door, which has a much better clearance rack - mostly for general outdoor gear - so I usually go to both if I am forced to spend any time shopping.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 898
POSTED: 6/02/09 4:36 PM

If you know your size, you can browse thru www.rei.com, they have a lot more stuff online than they do in their stores.

And they ship free to their stores for in-store pickup. :)

nopher    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 6/03/09 7:18 AM

Thanks for all the input. Fleet Feet - which is on my way home - had all the stuff I needed. Will keep an eye out for the race expos and REI sales!

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 6/03/09 9:39 AM

try:

sportsbasement.com, teamestrogen.com, bonktown, paragonsports, backcountry, tribuys.com

The interweb is the way to go.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria