Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

USAT Members: Early Entry for Nautica New York City Triathlon
CREATED: 10/30/09 by cosacalo REPLIES: 3
cosacalo's ravatar cosacalo    JOINED: 8/30/09    POSTS: 30
USAT Members: Early Entry for Nautica New York City Triathlon
POSTED: 10/30/09 1:26 AM

I just received an email from USAT to register early for the NYC Tri.

Here is the link to register

http://www.active.com/framed/event_detail.cfm?EVENT_ID=1801368

Here is the email

2010 Nautica NYC Triathlon
Early Entry for USAT Members!

Click here to enter!

USA Triathlon is pleased to offer its members an exclusive opportunity to enter the 2010 Nautica New York City Triathlon before general registration opens on November 1. A very limited number of early entry spots are now available ONLY to USAT members. Enter NOW!

You must be a current USAT member to sign up and you'll need your USAT number during registration. This early entry opportunity ends October 31 at 11:59 pm EST or when early entry spots are sold out.

Race details at www.nyctri.com. Questions? Email us.

The clock is ticking! Time is running out! Register now!

finnegen's ravatar finnegen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 56
RE: USAT Members: Early Entry for Nautica New York City Triathlon
POSTED: 10/30/09 7:09 AM

Tried before I went to the gym. It was sold out.

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 223
POSTED: 10/30/09 6:11 PM

At first I thought: "what the heck, sounds like a good one, maybe I'll register for this one."

Then I looked at the price: $245.

Why such a high price? Are there other olympic distance events that are similarly priced, or is this a true anomaly in the tri world?

And out of curiousity -- is it an exceptional race (worth the price), that I should do when I have some extra funds? :)

Thanks,
Kevin

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 10/30/09 8:46 PM

you are racing not "around or near" NYC you are racing "in NYC" as right in the middle of manhattan, that is why the race is so expensive. almost any well established race today is going to cost near 200 dollars if its olympic or above. even some sprints are over 100 if they are very well known.

take a look at the entry fees of almost every major metro city race and its close to this price.

sorry, its just the nature of the sport. its expensive if you want to do the "popular or name branded" races.

there are less expensive races, but these races are normally farther away from major metro city locations.

good luck and have fun.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria