DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Screening of 2011 Tour de France Behind the Scenes
CREATED: 01/03/12 by abbyjs REPLIES: 5
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
Screening of 2011 Tour de France Behind the Scenes
POSTED: 1/03/12 9:30 AM

Hi everyone--
If you've ever done a Conte's/Freshbikes Tuesday ride, or if you happen to love watching cycling, then you probably know DC's own (well, Arlington's, but who's counting) Jason Berry, Director of Gripped Films. He's showing footage from this year's Tour de France at Capital Hill's Sonoma, on January 15th and 22nd.

Buy tickets online ONLY at:

http://www.grippedstore.com/category-s/22.htm

More info:

In July 2011, Gripped Films was hired to film behind the scenes at the Tour dé France. For 7 days Gripped Films produced short features highlighting interviews with the biggest names in the peloton yet no feature was ever aired. Please join us for a special screening event to enjoy good company, food and drinks while we watch this never-before-seen footage with story and commentary from Gripped Films’ writer/director/editor Jason Berry. Also shown will be extended interviews and stories from the making of Chasing Legends.

2 Sunday Evenings in January at Sonoma Restaurant
January 15th & January 22nd beginning at 6pm
223 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC 20003
Tickets are $11 each night & include a pint of Dogfish Head Ale. Buy tickets for both evenings for just $20. Sonoma will offer 15% off dinners (with a reservation) as well as food and drink specials all evening. Only 100 seats will be available each night. Sonoma reservations @ 202-544-8088

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 223
RE: Screening of 2011 Tour de France Behind the Scenes
POSTED: 1/03/12 5:04 PM

Cool! I'll probably go one of those nights.

dmcelhare's ravatar dmcelhare    JOINED: 4/17/10    POSTS: 49
POSTED: 1/04/12 12:06 PM

I'll probably be there one of the nights. This last Tour was a bloody mess and would offer some interesting footage. Chasing Legends was a great look into a previous Tour.

POSTED: 1/04/12 12:17 PM

Chasing Legends completely opened my eyes to the Tour! I'm really excited to see Jason's footage from this year.

denaindc's ravatar denaindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 149
POSTED: 1/04/12 4:08 PM

I might be able to go on the 22nd.

POSTED: 1/12/12 10:03 PM

Hey all, if you don't have plans yet for this coming Sunday or next Sunday evening, check out these screenings.

Cheers,
Abby

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria