Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Cyclist Struck By Vehicle At Hains Point
CREATED: 04/08/14 by kkaufer REPLIES: 3
kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 126
Cyclist Struck By Vehicle At Hains Point
POSTED: 4/08/14 6:15 PM

Just saw this on dcist:
http://dcist.com/2014/04/cyclist_struck_by_vehicle_at_hains.php

Does anybody have more information on what happened? Hoping the rider makes a quick recovery.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
RE: Cyclist Struck By Vehicle At Hains Point
POSTED: 4/09/14 8:24 AM

Looks bad if the cyclist had to be airlifted.

Please everyone - STOP at the stop signs at Haines Point this week. An actual bona fide STOP - foot on the pavement STOP. The cherry blossoms are out & there is a lot of traffic at Haines Point. Also, the Park Police will be out and writing tickets, so carry ID as well. After this incident, I don't believe the Park Police will be in a generous mood and will not be letting you off with a warning. please STOP. I know it is a big pain in the butt, but better than being airlifted. STOP.

simba2109's ravatar simba2109    JOINED: 6/23/11    POSTS: 57
POSTED: 4/09/14 1:32 PM

I second your post about STOPPING and carrying ID. We all know that Cherry Blossom traffic means crazy traffic on HP. Drivers from all over (including a lot who are not used to parallel parking or city traffic!) and tour buses make HP a lot less safe than usual. From riding there the last few Cherry Blossom seasons, I'd say you are safest very early in the morning. My personal view is that I typically avoid riding at HP during the height of the Cherry Blossom tourist madness (other than very early in the morning when most tourists aren't out yet).

bronxking's ravatar bronxking    JOINED: 1/13/13    POSTS: 147
POSTED: 4/09/14 4:29 PM

Hmm..I didn't end up doing my usual Tuesday ride there, and that could have been me. I'm going out there again tomorrow at 6:30pm, so crossing my fingers.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria