Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Syracuse 70.3
CREATED: 08/24/10 by mikeO REPLIES: 5
mikeO's ravatar mikeO    JOINED: 7/6/10    POSTS: 10
Syracuse 70.3
POSTED: 8/24/10 3:45 PM

I am signed up for the the IM Syracuse 70.3 event on September 19th. It is supposed to be a fun-challenging bike course and the temps should be favorable. I am looking to see how many other DC Tri members are already signed up or still interested in signing up. (registration is still open)

Mike O

sportsbrajen's ravatar sportsbrajen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 41
RE: Syracuse 70.3
POSTED: 8/24/10 8:25 PM

I posted a few weeks ago and didn't get any responses. I am signed up. You can contact me via my profile if you want to coordinate logistics.

carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
POSTED: 8/24/10 9:09 PM

I'm considering this for my first 70.3 next year so I'd love to read race reports when you return!

Carrie

crobles's ravatar crobles    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 8/24/10 9:54 PM

I'm doing it as a relay (I have race this weekend and dont know how i'll feel lol) feel free to email me (swaziland.heels "at" gmail.com)

:)

46n2    JOINED: 9/2/10    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 9/02/10 4:37 PM

I'll be there, being slow.

sportsbrajen's ravatar sportsbrajen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 41
RE: Syracuse 70.3 - course preview
POSTED: 9/07/10 9:17 AM

Rode and ran the course this past weekend. The bike is not as bad as the hype and nice scenic course. My garmin recorded a total of 3,900 ft of climbing (a piece of cake compared to Mooseman's 5,55::0')::. The first 11 miles are a bit of a grind - nothing too steep and there are some places to recovery. There's a fun descent around mile 20 (I hit 45 mph - not necessarily recommended). A few places on the course to note - railroad tracks just outside the park run at 45 degree angle to the road - careful crossing. Also, watch the turns onto Clark Hollow and Palmer as there's loose gravel and I think folks will be picking up some speed there.

The run is nothing special - no hills, perhaps a bit boring. The first 5-6 miles are somewhat shaded and 2 lane, country road. Miles 6-11 (Erie Blvd) are flat straight and boring. Imagine running along Rockville Pike or Lee Hwy (but not as nice ;) ). The run finishes through Little Italy and on a big downhill.

Other items to note
Salinas St along the run course is Little Italy for your carbo loading needs.
The park is relatively small, so you might consider taking the race day shuttle or arriving early.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria