Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Women's vs Men's bike
CREATED: 09/26/11 by dmd326 REPLIES: 2
dmd326's ravatar dmd326    JOINED: 10/28/10    POSTS: 67
Women's vs Men's tri bike
POSTED: 9/26/11 8:15 AM

I've been riding a borrowed tri bike all season, and now it's time to invest in my own. I'm a shoter female, and I'm wondering about the differences between a woman's tri bike an a men's tri bike, other than the color and apparently price. I've been looking at Q-Roos as well as some Felt bikes.

Any input would be great.

Thanks!

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
RE: Women's vs Men's bike
POSTED: 9/26/11 7:24 PM

from what i notice "women's" bikes are just bikes that are labeled as such to market better to women, because some women fit better on men's bikes and some men fit better on women's bikes.

but mainly for a given size compared to men's bikes, they tend to have slightly shorter top tubes and the same or slightly longer seat tubes at the same time with sometimes the head tubes being also slightly longer. other than that they might downsize the handlebars/different seats and brake levers to better fit the "average" woman when compared to the "average" male.

rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 363
RE: Women's vs Men's bike
POSTED: 9/26/11 8:30 PM

I know a few women that ride men's bikes. It all just depends on your body. If you have a longer torso, then you are better off on a men's bike. But test ride both to see what's more comfy for you.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria