Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Eagleman Room?
CREATED: 06/03/09 by rdejonck REPLIES: 5
rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
Eagleman Room?
POSTED: 6/03/09 9:45 AM

So, I'm really bad at planning and realized I have not reserved a room for Eagleman yet. oops! In my defense I wasn't even sure if I would be able to participate until recently (and that's only because I switched to the aqua-velo) and figured at the worst I could camp out Saturday night.

Is there anyone out there who has a room and looking to lower their costs by picking up a roommate? I don't have a criminal history, don't take up much space, willing to sleep on the floor, and am pretty sure I don't snore. I'm also willing to carpool.

Post here or e-mail me at rdejonck @ gmail . com (without the spaces)
Ryan

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
RE: Eagleman Room?
POSTED: 6/03/09 11:09 AM

try calling the best value in cambride i just cancelled my room there yesterday, they might still have it, for the friday and sat of the race.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1065
POSTED: 6/03/09 12:39 PM

Ryan,

Over the past years the high school nearby was open as a campsite for EM. Check the race website to register a site. I did that last year and it was a little uncomfortable with the humidity. I plan to do the same this year, but I'm volunteering and not racing. See you out there!

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
POSTED: 6/11/09 2:29 PM

So yeah, chalk me up to late planning as well. I'm not racing, but am volunteering and if anyone has space in a hotel room or even a tent (I have sleeping bag and Thermorest), I'm more than willing to contribute to the cost.

I was planning on riding the Eagleman bike course on Saturday, stopping by the Expo, and then hanging out to be up early to volunteer on the swim course.

I'm good for anything (even the floor in a hotel room). I don't take up much room, I'll leave my ego at home. ;)

Bryan (bcfrank1 @ gmail . com)

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 6/11/09 2:35 PM

Plea for someone to take rooms for Eagleman:

Hello Fellow Triathletes,

Tri-Delaware originally blocked a number of rooms for the Eagleman Triathlon this weekend with the Hyatt Regency. Unbeknownst to me, the cancellation policy is 72 hours before check-in (its always in the details).

Unfortunately, we had a couple of members injured, back out, etc, and I called today with no luck to cancel our spare rooms.

So fortunately for you, or someone you may know, I have 4 rooms available at the Hyatt Regency. The cost of the room is $250/night plus taxes (about $280) total with a minimum 2 nights. Its an unfortunate policy – and I will be stuck with the rooms and the fees if someone isn’t interested in these rooms.

If you have any members of your club, or know of anyone looking for a room, I would sure appreciate your assistance in forwarding on this e-mail to them. I can change the reservation into their name.

Thanks in advance,

Andy Staton

Tri-Delaware

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 6/11/09 2:39 PM

Andy's email, sorry aboot that ...

andy@beachtobayrec. com

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria