Who is doing it or plan to do it ???
And for the people that have done it before Where is the best place , hotel, bed and breakfast, camp site etc to stay
I am in
In 2009, I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Tilton, NH. It is about a 10-mile drive to the race site. The hotel is located right off the interstate and near stores & restaurants. It worked out okay, but perhaps it would have been easier to stay closer to the race.
It is a great race. My general observations:
- Lots of participants. I was stuck in the second to last wave and passed over 1,000 people! (And I believe that there were more racers in 2010.)
- Transition opens really early and then traffic backs up getting to the site on race morning. Plan on an early wake up or you may get suck in traffic.
- The water is clear and the swim is fast.
- Bike course was easier than I anticipanted, but very crowded with all the racers.
- Rollers on the run course plus it was hotter and more humid than expected in NH. I was disappointed with my run time.
I am going this year.
If Kevin was disappointed with his run, I'm going to need roller skates.
I'm in. There are a number of race reports from last year in the forum. Search for Timberman and you'll get a few good reports on the race. I think it sounds awesome.