DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Timberman 2011
CREATED: 01/20/11 by eric guzmanaalv REPLIES: 3
eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
Timberman 2011
POSTED: 1/20/11 10:05 PM

Who is doing it or plan to do it ???

And for the people that have done it before Where is the best place , hotel, bed and breakfast, camp site etc to stay

I am in

Eric

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 440
RE: Timberman 2011
POSTED: 1/21/11 7:49 AM

In 2009, I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Tilton, NH. It is about a 10-mile drive to the race site. The hotel is located right off the interstate and near stores & restaurants. It worked out okay, but perhaps it would have been easier to stay closer to the race.

It is a great race. My general observations:

- Lots of participants. I was stuck in the second to last wave and passed over 1,000 people! (And I believe that there were more racers in 2010.)
- Transition opens really early and then traffic backs up getting to the site on race morning. Plan on an early wake up or you may get suck in traffic.
- The water is clear and the swim is fast.
- Bike course was easier than I anticipanted, but very crowded with all the racers.
- Rollers on the run course plus it was hotter and more humid than expected in NH. I was disappointed with my run time.

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 184
POSTED: 1/21/11 8:00 AM

I am going this year.

If Kevin was disappointed with his run, I'm going to need roller skates.

Brad.

SeanG's ravatar SeanG    JOINED: 4/8/09    POSTS: 159
POSTED: 1/21/11 9:31 AM

I'm in. There are a number of race reports from last year in the forum. Search for Timberman and you'll get a few good reports on the race. I think it sounds awesome.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria