Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Rev3 Williamsburg Help Needed
CREATED: 06/14/13 by npleisch REPLIES: 7
npleisch    JOINED: 4/5/12    POSTS: 134
Rev3 Williamsburg Help Needed
POSTED: 6/14/13 1:19 PM

Hey all. Just over a week until Rev3 Williamsburg! I hope your training/taper is going well and you feel ready! Between the HIM and the Oly, DC Tri is sending a large contingent down there. It's great to see this level of participation, and it's going to be great to see so many familiar faces (and/or race kits) on the course.

With so many members going, we're setting up a DC Tri tent on site. It'll be a place you can chill with your fellow members on Saturday, as well as pre- and post-race on Sunday. I'll be the lead for site set-up on Sunday, so if you have questions about where we're setting up or what you can do to help, please don't hesitate to contact me. I am driving down first thing Friday morning.

That said, we're going to need a few hands for the following (exactly where the help will be needed is yet to be determined):
1) Transporting the tent and other gear to and from Williamsburg
2) Site setup (Fri afternoon at the earliest, early Sat at the absolute latest)
3) Refreshment shopping
4) Site tear down (Sun afternoon/evening)

Also, anyone going down to observe/support is welcome to use the tent as their "home station" during the race on Sunday... we'd actually very much appreciate having somebody "manning" the tent throughout the race while people have stuff stored there.

Lastly, with so many of us going down, I'd like to open up a discussion about taper workouts in Williamsburg on Friday and Saturday. People probably have different plans for their workouts, but we might be able to pull a few small groups together who have similar schedules.
* I, for example, am planning on a short Friday swim (time TBD, but probably mid to late-morning before checking into my hotel) and a 20-minute spinout on Sat morning.

RE: Rev3 Williamsburg Help Needed
POSTED: 6/15/13 1:14 PM

bump

mjraugust's ravatar mjraugust    JOINED: 12/15/11    POSTS: 105
POSTED: 6/17/13 3:22 PM

FYI, it sounds like a couple of different groups of DCTri-Clubbers have settled on carbo-loading at Giuseppe's 5525 Olde Towne Rd, WIlliamsburg VA http://www.giuseppes.com/ at 5 or 5:30 if anyone else headed up to Rev3 Williamsburg wants to participate in our DC Tri Club flash mob dinner. It sounds like there will be a few different reservations made by different groups of us, if someone wants they could probably call up there (757) 565-1977 and organize a more formal club event.

-Mark

tonigm's ravatar tonigm    JOINED: 1/1/10    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 6/17/13 3:29 PM

Conditions at Jamestown
http://www.jrava.org/jrw/
June 17, 2013, 4:00 pm
Wave Height: 0.1ft
Wind Spd:0 kts
Wind Dir: 0 deg
Water Temp: 79.5

POSTED: 6/21/13 1:10 PM

All - Our tent will be located along the finish chute btw the Team Z area and the big multicolored jump house. The tent will be up in a couple hours. Stop by when you come for packet pickup and say hi! You'll be able to leave stuff here before/during/after the race, space permitting. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you!!!

Nik

POSTED: 6/21/13 3:46 PM

I just realized the carb loading dinner post didn't say what night you guys are going to dinner. Are the reservations for tonight or tomorrow night?

mjraugust's ravatar mjraugust    JOINED: 12/15/11    POSTS: 105
POSTED: 6/21/13 4:12 PM

Everyone is meeting there tomorrow Saturday at 5PM. I don't think anyone set up anything formal group dinner, there are just multiple large reservations. If you show up at Giuseppe's 5525 Olde Towne Rd, WIlliamsburg VA http://www.giuseppes.com/ at 5PM Saturday wearing DC Tri Gear I would bet that we could all sit relatively near each other if not merge groups.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
POSTED: 6/22/13 6:45 PM

Good luck to all Williamsburg participants tomorrow! I hope the storms stay away as well as the humidity! Race fast and race safe!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria