DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike Fitter Recommendation
CREATED: 03/11/11 by eugenecooper REPLIES: 6
eugenecooper    JOINED: 3/10/11    POSTS: 3
Bike Fitter Recommendation
POSTED: 3/11/11 6:08 PM

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a bike fitter (not tied to a bike shop), who can neutrally suggest bikes to test ride with geometries that best fit your specific body type/measurements/etc? I'm on the market for a new road bike. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Eugene

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 364
RE: Bike Fitter Recommendation
POSTED: 3/11/11 8:11 PM

Most good bike fitters are going to be tied to a shop. My friend Adam fits bikes and he could help you out. His email is adamdewit@gmail.com. He works at Bonzai in Falls Church, so he could fit you there, or I'm sure you could arrange to meet him somewhere else if you don't want to do the store thing.

carrie's ravatar carrie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 3/13/11 7:21 PM

Hi Eugene-

I just posted a fit recommendation under general discussion. Smiley is amazing. Enjoy and happy riding!

eugenecooper    JOINED: 3/10/11    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 3/13/11 9:11 PM

Thanks for the recommendations, will check them out.

Eugene

ryhudson's ravatar ryhudson    JOINED: 8/18/10    POSTS: 26
POSTED: 3/21/11 5:14 PM

So, there's Smiley and Adam at Bonzai? I'm also looking to get fitted to my road bike/get suggestions on what tri bike would be best for me, so I'd love to hear more suggestions/advice if people have them/it. Thanks!

kebeebe    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 3/22/11 5:37 AM

I highly recommend David Greenfield of Elite Bicycles in Philadelphia. Elite (and David, the owner) is a custom bike builder, but he will fit any bike a rider brings in. The fit is more expensive than most you will find in DC, and there is a drive involved, but believe me when I say - my tri bike feels like I'm laying in a recliner. Even after two months of not touching my tri bike, going aero on the first ride felt like a long-lost luxury.

- Kelzie

Amanda    JOINED: 9/10/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 3/22/11 2:26 PM

Bonzai has two really experienced fitters. Adam as Luke suggested and Darrin who is F.I.S.T certified. However, getting in to see Darrin may be difficult. You will need a referral.

Amanda

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria