Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Race section on the website
CREATED: 12/02/10 by ballstoncyclist REPLIES: 57
hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 192
RE: New Race section on the website
POSTED: 12/15/10 1:09 AM

Great idea! Love the "attend" part. Makes it so much easier to sort out who is doing what than forum threads.

A suggestion:

While race reports section is awesome, I think that having a short "race ranking" or "review/comments" section connected right to each race would be nice. This will require a little bit of work to develop a basic survey but it would be a quick way to see what other members thought of the race without having to tease through a forum thread or read long winded race reports if you are just looking for the "quick and dirty."

There could be a "star" ranking system that calculates averages. Active.com has this feature too, but I think it would be neat to hear straight from fellow dc tri'ers.

On another note, what about having a section of the website for events, like the races, where members could click to "attend" so we don't have to do evites and can see who is attending!

Thanks for all of your hard work on this, Patrick!

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 507
POSTED: 12/16/10 5:35 PM

How about three of the really big running races?

Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run
Army Ten-Miler
Marine Corps Marathon

pserfass's ravatar pserfass    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 427
POSTED: 12/21/10 12:36 AM

cherry blossom, army 10-miler and MCM are all up there now.

Will put the others up when I can sneak another block of time.

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 345
POSTED: 1/14/11 4:14 PM

Can we add a link/thread for each race so people can go there to talk about carpooling/lodging/general race issues. Otherwise people will still start new threads about the races...This way we can have everything in one place

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1050
POSTED: 1/14/11 4:34 PM

I think some, not all, of the races have a link included to prior race discussions on the forum.

But the short answer is, yes.

Is there a certain race you're looking to start discussing? We can get that linked in for you. Otherwise, I can go through and take a look at some point and see how many races we need to do this for.

POSTED: 1/14/11 4:49 PM

Ok, found it. I didn't realize the links to the forums were in the details section after you click on the race. That works. Thanks

Gooba's ravatar Gooba    JOINED: 12/2/10    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 1/15/11 6:42 AM

Could we add Texas IM there are a few of us doing it.

POSTED: 3/17/11 10:40 AM

Can we add PeasantMan :)

POSTED: 3/23/11 11:15 AM

Peasantman: this is a bit in the gray area since the race section is really for races, but i went ahead and added this. if this creates confusion, we'll take it down.

spleary's ravatar spleary    JOINED: 8/17/10    POSTS: 73
POSTED: 3/23/11 12:01 PM

Cozumel?

POSTED: 3/23/11 12:57 PM

Re Texas and Cozumel, I'll try to get to them in a bit. Just a note on non-local races though while we're on the topic: your Board is trying to figure out how this tool will best be utilized now that it's been created. In the beginning it was designed to be for local races plus the championships that the club supports and we want to win. That's been increased recently to include other races that lots of club members are doing so coordination can happen. However, it's never been designed to include every race in the calendar and we're afraid it will use it's original utility if we add too many races.

That being said, this is just the first year, so we'll add them and see how it works. Maybe we'll find that the list of races will be naturally limited by interest.

If you have any suggestions on how we can make the best use of this tool, we love to hear them. Afterall, we're doing this for all of you!

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1266
POSTED: 3/23/11 1:15 PM

Here are my suggestions
1. Put down your targeted races (i.e club championship and paid program target races like the IM, HIM, oly, and NTP programs). This will make those programs more attractive since there are more focus on them

2. When you send out the voting for the board or club awards, have a question on there asking people what their A races for the following hear is. The top 2-3 vote getters are put on the website.

Back to my original suggestion ... Tri races only or you will all of your top vote getters running races and PeasantMan.

Have I mentioned PeasantMan yet? .... :)

Tuan

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 897
POSTED: 3/23/11 1:31 PM

Nope, I don't think you have. You might want to mention it again since some people may not have heard. :::^)::

POSTED: 3/23/11 1:32 PM

i guess i didn't say this explicitly before, but peasantman's already up there.

boglevee's ravatar boglevee    JOINED: 2/11/11    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 3/23/11 1:39 PM

is there a forum on Myrtle Beach? i wasn't able to find one in the details section

POSTED: 3/23/11 1:44 PM

It's up there now:
http://dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Race.view&id=8448E1FE-0B84-803C-DC15C61596CD9A02

as is IM Cozumel

Thanks for asking for the forum link to be posted. For other needs, if you're just trying to find it, there's a search feature in the forum (that's what I used to find it) on the top right side.

POSTED: 3/23/11 1:51 PM

IM Texas now up.

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 3/23/11 2:16 PM

can we add rumpus in the bumpass? there are 2 distances, Sat- olympic and Sun- sprint

http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=1689

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria