Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Sandy Point Water Temp as of 4/30/11
CREATED: 04/30/11 by dsgrunning REPLIES: 2
dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1312
Sandy Point Water Temp as of 4/30/11
POSTED: 4/30/11 7:57 PM

I was out at Sandy Point today with a few NTPers. The Vertical Swimmer water temp estimate is mid 60s. A bit chilly on the hands and feet, but once you got cranking it was pretty nice. The water was tasty, but no jellyfish so sushi on the beach this time.

The shower facilities are open. I'm not sure if it's a weekend thing or they've opened it up for good. In prior years, they would only open it on the weekends early in the season then phase it in for the rest of the weekdays.

There were some beach goers who swam without wetsuits. They must be Viet Congs.

Tuan

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1059
RE: Sandy Point Water Temp as of 4/30/11
POSTED: 5/01/11 12:35 AM

Mid-60s? Tuan, I beg to differ. I was in there last Thursday during spring break and the hugh-monitor guestimated it in the high 50s. I may plan to head out there on either Tuesday or Friday depending on my schedule. Oh, the shower facilities are open during the week and actually it was crowded that day.

lg99    JOINED: 1/18/11    POSTS: 8
RE: Sandy Point Water Temp as of 4/30/11
POSTED: 5/13/11 7:27 PM

I'm going to Sandy Point Sunday morning. I've got to get a feel for my new wetsuit before next weekend's Columbia Tri. Rain or shine. Hopefully no tstorms at 8am.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria