Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Preempt - Seriously
CREATED: 12/19/09 by seewhatucando REPLIES: 10
seewhatucando's ravatar seewhatucando    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 117
Preempt - Seriously
POSTED: 12/19/09 4:39 PM

Are you kidding me...yes, we realize it is snowing. WRC is preempting IM coverage for more discussion of how much it is snowing!! Arrrrg!

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
RE: Preempt - Seriously
POSTED: 12/19/09 6:35 PM

I love how they breathlessly comment how dangerous it would be to drive while their reporters drive and film all over DC!

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 12/19/09 7:57 PM

Well, yeah...have you seen those guys drive? It's like Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome when the weather turns ugly. ;-)

I'm also lamenting that my TiVo recorded 1.5 hrs of news coverage of the snowpocolypse. I suppose I could go watch it online now.

tdn9999's ravatar tdn9999    JOINED: 7/16/09    POSTS: 49
POSTED: 12/19/09 8:54 PM

I don't see where it's coming back on TV. Bad enough I'm stuck in the house all day but the only show I was prepared to watch today got moved due to a bunch of babble.

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 528
POSTED: 12/20/09 5:58 PM

Well, at least we got some insights on the personal winter storm experiences of Wendy Rieger and that weatherman. :roll:

Fortunately, the program will more than likely show up on the Universal Sports channel at some point. That is owned by NBC Universal (or should I say Comcast Universal now?). Universal Sports is broadcast over one of NBC4's alternate "channels". I know that Comcast includes it on at least some of their line-ups. I don't know about Verizon FiOS, Cox Cable or satellite TV. I watch coverage of previous Ironman championships on Universal Sports all the time. During some weeks, you can watch those triathlon broadcasts almost every night.

Universal Sports also airs coverage of many other triathlon and endurance sports events like other IMs, major marathons, the Giro d'Italia and so on. It should be required on every triathlete's TV.

KingsPoint2001's ravatar KingsPoint2001    JOINED: 11/2/09    POSTS: 99
POSTED: 12/20/09 6:06 PM

I saw a commercial last night that made it appear NBC Actions Sports will be airing it on like the 24th or 25th. Can't remember. And of course, that is if there is not a snow storm. We now know what happens when that happens.

What was also amazing was the networks weren't showing parts of the Duke game either.

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 12/20/09 6:11 PM

Weird, I was able to watch it on an NBC "alternate" channel I guess on Verizon FIOS, think it was around 25. GREAT show - certainly recommended for those winter blues...

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 528
POSTED: 12/21/09 12:26 AM

The championship will air on Universal Sports on Christmas at 9 pm.

In addition, you can watch a 60-min. program on the Ironman Arizona race on Thursday at 6 pm, also on the Universal Sports channel.

Since this is not the NBC news station, it's unlikely either broadcast will get preempted.

KingsPoint2001's ravatar KingsPoint2001    JOINED: 11/2/09    POSTS: 99
POSTED: 12/23/09 9:46 PM

Anybody who has comcast in Alexandria know what channel Universal Sports is? I can't seem to find it on the listings at all.

Thanks,
Pete

POSTED: 12/24/09 2:51 AM

It's possible that Universal Sports is only available if you have certain channel line-ups/cable packages. In Arlington, Universal Sports is on Ch. 207. If your channels don't go up that high, US may not be part of your current line-up.

If you have access to a digital antenna, maybe you can pick up the signal over the air. I've never tried this but since US is carried on one of the NBC4's alternate channels (I think), maybe it's possible. Otherwise, the Comcast website or customer service would be the way to go. Hope you're able to watch the tri broadcasts this week.

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 12/24/09 5:32 AM

If you have a digital antenna, Universal Sports is on the third NBC digital channel (DTV 4-3 on my tv).
Now if I can figure out why NBC are the only channels I can get with the digital antenna.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria