Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Open Water Swim-May 22nd or 23rd
CREATED: 05/17/10 by japhillips87 REPLIES: 23
finnegen's ravatar finnegen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 56
RE: Open Water Swim-May 22nd or 23rd
POSTED: 5/20/10 2:22 PM

pmparker - Just because somebody who works there told you over the phone “yea sure come down, no problem” means they know just what you intend and what they are talking about. I bumped into Denis of Wave One earlier this who told of the cancellation of the swim clinic. When Wave One got their permit for this year they too checked and was told there were no conflicts that prevented them from having a OWS clinic on the 23rd. Then a few days ago they got the call that the festival had the beach and the clinic could not be held. I’ve work big events like the festival. They’ll be a lot going on for set up, while the park may let folks in to other part of the park, that does not mean you can get to the beach without paying to enter the festival and then not be able to swim.

pmparker's ravatar pmparker    JOINED: 5/13/10    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 5/20/10 3:15 PM

Thanks for the info from those "in the know"!!!

I admit that the girl I spoke with on the phone did not sound as if she were 'an authority figure'.

I think I'll heed your advice and seek entertainment elsewhere for Sunday morning!

I was out at SPSP today to try it out on my own, and the Mid-Maryland tri club was there swimming, so that was nice.

Thanks again for the input- I'll try to get out there one day next week!

Matt Parker

LaurenB82    JOINED: 4/20/10    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 5/20/10 3:20 PM

Yeah, unfortunately I think I'm going to bag it. And Lake Anna is a bit too far for me this weekend.

Maybe we'll try again next weekend?

stiefler    JOINED: 6/2/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 5/20/10 6:24 PM

Bummer. Is anybody interested in trekking out to Lake Anna on the 23rd? I'm happy to drive out there.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria