DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Caravan to NJ
CREATED: 07/23/09 by caseycreech REPLIES: 14
caseycreech's ravatar caseycreech    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 37
Caravan to NJ
POSTED: 7/23/09 4:31 PM

To all the NOVA'ites out there.

Imagine the image of a caravan of vehicles loaded with bikes going by people early in the morning this Saturday. People will be thinking, where are they going.

Why not meet me at CONTE's at 830am this Saturday and well head up to NJ together. I figure we'd roll out around 9am. That way if we get lost, we get lost as a group :)

Who's with me?

- Casey

idar's ravatar idar    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
RE: Caravan to NJ
POSTED: 7/23/09 6:12 PM

Sounds like a great idea...except the 8:30 part. I'm not picking up my fellow travellers until 10ish in DC.

If anyone wants to take the late train like us and meet up around 10:30 someplace in the city let me know.

ida

POSTED: 7/23/09 6:31 PM

Where you planning on meeting. 8:30 was just a suggestion?

- Casey

amaceto    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 41
POSTED: 7/23/09 6:50 PM

I'm interested, but I want to have time to walk around the lake area to see any landmarks for the buoys and drive the bike and run course. Any idea how long that could take??
Aimee

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1060
POSTED: 7/23/09 9:50 PM

Dinner overlooks the swim course and it shouldn't take long to check out the bike/run course. I think it's loops so you should have plenty 'o time.

We may try to grab on to the caravan but we all know how good I am at being on time. Maybe I'll just speed and catch up.

-Travis

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 7/24/09 7:36 AM

Casey- Paula and Myself are pulling chalks at about 8-8:30am. If you want to jump on with let me know. We are getting up there early to drive the bike course, do a very light swim, and check in the hotel without having to rush or feel pressed for time.

Travis- Pack your car tonight, and then sleep in it. then in the morning Katie only has to wake you up, hand you a coffee, and you are off. The whole brushing your teeth and stuff is over rated on road trips.

POSTED: 7/24/09 8:31 AM

Z,

I know we have at least two cars meeting up at Conte's at 8:30. Driving the course and doing a light swim sounds good to me.

Would you like to meet up with us at Conte's - it may be a little out of your way - though it's a good meeting place. We could also meet closer to you. What would you recommend?

- Casey

POSTED: 7/24/09 9:00 AM

Casey,

See you at Conte's at 8:30. I will email Paula and let her know our plans are pushed back a half hour. Should be no problem.

rbenig1's ravatar rbenig1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 26
POSTED: 7/24/09 10:17 AM

I'm interested in taking the "late train" around 1030ish. I'm willing to meet up anywhere in DC.
Rhyne

POSTED: 7/24/09 10:47 AM

Okay,
How about this as a meet up for the late train.

My co-pilots Dena and Trisha don't know this yet but we're going to get detour to get road trip coffee at perregrine (aka murky) at Eastern Market between 10:15/10:30. I don't imagine there will be much parking, so this isn't going to be a loitering kind of thing.

Anyone that wants to meet up and make it into a caravan, let's plan to meet there and head out by 10:30.

if you want my digits, email me at ida (dot) rademacher at gmail

ppgodes's ravatar ppgodes    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 83
POSTED: 7/24/09 12:12 PM

Mark,

Copy on the time change.

And please...brushing your teeth is NOT over-rated on road trips....please...I'll bring gum :)

Paula

POSTED: 7/24/09 1:56 PM

Paula,

Cool will be at your house around 8.. so we can load and make sure we have all the stuff organized. Then we will meet Casey and the rest at Conte's. I tried to email you at work, but your mailbox is full and kept kicking back to me.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1060
POSTED: 7/24/09 8:13 PM

Ida and the 10:30 crew--

If we're all packed up, I'll meet you at Peregrine. Katie and I will be in a black honda with 2 bikes on the roof.

I'm hoping to roll by 10:30 but we've got a couple of things to pick up first which might put is a bit behind schedule. Hopefully I'll see you there... a tasty latte for the ride would hit the spot!

Travis

POSTED: 7/25/09 7:53 AM

sounds good Travis. We'll look for you. I'll be the one with the green subaru wagon and the supremely caffienated grin.

ida

gtreynolds    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 7/25/09 1:08 PM

Just passed Casey on 95 north of Balt . That was me in the minivan.apperently they did not get such an Early start. ;-)
Glenn

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria