Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Pools near Columbia Heights
CREATED: 07/07/14 by JessEarle REPLIES: 3
JessEarle    JOINED: 1/6/14    POSTS: 5
Pools near Columbia Heights
POSTED: 7/07/14 8:13 AM

Hello all! A friend of mine is moving to town in a week (to Columbia Heights) and is looking for pool recommendations in her new neighborhood as we gear up to race our first triathlon at Nations...any recommendations? THANKS!

acelles    JOINED: 1/25/12    POSTS: 16
RE: Pools near Columbia Heights
POSTED: 7/07/14 2:42 PM

When I lived in Columbia Heights I used to take the H busses to Tenleytown's pool. In the early morning, it wasn't bad - 25 mins or so, and then just a straight shot down on the red line to get to work. I did the same coming home from the pool in the evenings. Banneker, off Georgia Ave, has "lap swim" starting at 9am - but from what I remember, they didn't offer lane lines.

kromatog's ravatar kromatog    JOINED: 6/28/12    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 7/07/14 2:53 PM

If they want to join a gym, washington sports club above Target in the mall has a 25 yd pool.

Domino    JOINED: 1/12/14    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 7/07/14 9:37 PM

I live in Mt. Pleasant, and I either take the H3 or H4 to Tenleytown Wilson Pool (15-20min) for the 50m pool, or I go to Marie Reed in Adams Morgan, which is 25yrds (I think) and has lap lanes. Just FYI, though, unlike Wilson Pool, Marie Reed isn't grounded, so they will make you get out of the water if there is lightening.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria