Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

May Jamestown Camping/Training Weekend!
CREATED: 01/16/13 by astolz1 REPLIES: 20
astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 547
May Jamestown Camping/Training Weekend!
POSTED: 1/16/13 10:27 AM

Based on our extremely popular Summer Deep Creek camping/training weekend, we're going to have a Spring Jamestown camping/training weekend!
This will be a fun and exciting trip to check out the Jamestown International Triathlon race course before tearing it up June 8th as you race the USAT Mid-Atlantic Club Championship!!
Here are the basics:
- Sign up for the USAT Mid-Atlantic Club Championship, Sat June 8th, which is the Jamestown International Triathlon. (Optional, but you'll be missing out!)
- We’re camping just a few miles from the race start/finish along the bike course at Chickahominy Riverfront Park.
- Camping weekend will be Friday, May 10 to Sunday May 12, 2013
- The club is going to reserve campsites so please respond to this forum to be included for more info. We need to get a sense of how many sites to reserve.
- Hotels are available nearby if camping isn’t your thing. (WARNING: Not as much fun.)
More info and a basic itinerary including open water swimming, biking, running, bbq’ing, etc. will follow. Please post any questions to this forum.
Adam | DC Triathlon Club, Training & Racing

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1331
RE: May Jamestown Camping/Training Weekend!
POSTED: 1/16/13 12:11 PM

May 11-12, isn't that traditionally the Columbia bricknic weekend?

In case you are wondering, the week before that, May 4-5, is PeasantMan weekend.

Tuan

jxjia's ravatar jxjia    JOINED: 8/13/12    POSTS: 112
POSTED: 1/16/13 12:34 PM

I'm doing Eagleman so will not race Jamestown. I do want to attend the camping weekend (sounds like a lot of fun) though.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
POSTED: 1/16/13 12:46 PM

Columbia BrickNic was traditionally 2 weeks before Columbia (as Kinetic is the week before), but someone else took that weekend.... I wonder who that could've been? :::^)::

Insert "shameless" promotion here
|
|
|
V

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 211
POSTED: 1/16/13 12:57 PM

I didn't do it!

-Andy Sovonick of Gaithersburg, the best city in the history of history, you should visit it

POSTED: 1/16/13 1:11 PM

Bryan ... I'm not going to dignify that with an answer.

Everyone else ... have you heard about this race call --> shameless plug alert --> PeasantMan?

Seriously though, if the DCTri board wants to do a Kinetic bricknic on Saturday, May 4th, I'd be more than happy to work with them on it. I'd have to clear it with the PeasantMan War Council, but they are corrupt and can be bought on the cheap.

I have the cue sheets to the Kinetic course, volunteer manpower, complete access to the Lake Anna food kios (including the refridge, stove, lockers, and pretty much everything on site), permit for the entire weekend, support from the Park Rangers, and much much more. I have enough signs to mark the Kinetic run course so that folks won't get lost or we can mark the PeasantMan run course, which does not leave the park.

A lot of the NTPers will up there that day anyway. Every freaken person there is a DCTri member. We can kill many birds with one stone.

Tuan

POSTED: 1/16/13 1:21 PM

You can even call it the Columbia Bricknic - offsite :)

POSTED: 1/16/13 1:52 PM

Thanks for the um, offer Tuan. ;-)
SAVE THE DATE: The ONSITE Columbia Bricknic is set for Saturday, April 27th.
More details to come but put it on your calendar.

As for Jamestown Camping/Training weekend, who else is in? It's a beautiful spot with lots of things to see and do including Jamestown Setlement/Yorktown Victory Center and Colonial Williamsburg.
The Peanut Shop is definitely worth a stop too!
- Adam

wbdowntown's ravatar wbdowntown    JOINED: 3/28/12    POSTS: 102
POSTED: 1/16/13 3:00 PM

Bummer, that's Kinetic weekend.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1784
POSTED: 1/16/13 8:11 PM

I’d be happy to give folks (shameless plug) a walking tour of the Yorktown battlefield. In fact, Yorktown (shameless plug) is a chapter in a fascinating book of history, “America A to Z”, by a terrific, and modest, local author (http://www.amazon.com/Patriots-America-Things-American-Should/dp/1596525495/ref=dp_return_2?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books)

Also, in for Jamestown Tri.

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 616
POSTED: 1/16/13 9:08 PM

Nice sounding trip guys and good dates for that and the bricknic. Ed's knowledge will be icing on the cake.

jhull    JOINED: 5/31/12    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 1/17/13 9:03 PM

Count me in +1.

simba2109's ravatar simba2109    JOINED: 6/23/11    POSTS: 57
POSTED: 1/23/13 12:41 PM

Count me in as well, +1.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 708
POSTED: 1/23/13 1:57 PM

Is anyone from DC Tri actually going to register for Jamestown? There is only 1 Tri member on our race page listed. Race says limited to 500 participants.

I just made a reservation at Kingsmill so my family would have a nice place to hang out while I sweat it out.

POSTED: 2/08/13 4:44 PM

Bump, RSVP now to get you spot for the Jamestown Camping/Training Weekend!
Preview multiple tri's including: Jamestown Olympic, REV3 Williamsburg, Patriots, etc.

sub6meanderer's ravatar sub6meanderer    JOINED: 11/8/12    POSTS: 56
POSTED: 4/08/13 8:31 PM

Hi - sadly, I have to cancel. Is there a way to cancel?

allisonh's ravatar allisonh    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 4/08/13 9:40 PM

Sure, noted, thanks for letting us know!

Everyone, if you haven't already signed up for the training/camping weekend, please do so soon! We will be sending out details to all who have registered. It's going to be fun and historic-- our campground is on the river, next to several tri courses, and is an access point for the Virginia Capital Trail. We are just miles from colonial Williamsburg, the Yorktown Battlefield, and America's first settlement. Endless possibilities!

allisonh's ravatar allisonh    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 4/23/13 8:38 PM

*Flash* RSVP for Jamestown by May 1!

We'll be finalizing the campsites so don't miss out! Those who have already signed up should've received an email last week with the tentative schedule and link to a spreadsheet. Please contact me if you didn't get the email.

One of our own members has just received his official tour guide license and has graciously agreed to give us a battlefield tour on Sunday afternoon 5/12. This weekend keeps getting better!

Allison

jbauer    JOINED: 1/1/11    POSTS: 76
POSTED: 4/24/13 6:18 PM

Allison - I sent you a PM requesting the tentative schedule. Please let me know if you didn't get it because the PM system has been unreliable at times in the past. I'm interested in attending, but I already have a commitment for Fri. The schedule might determine if I will make it for Sat and Sun.

POSTED: 4/29/13 9:36 PM

Hey All, Allison and Robin are doing a great job organizing this trip. They sent out the itinerary and asked attendees to fill out a google doc but they're going to sent it out again I believe.

The important thing here is if you're on the fence, get your ticket now as campsites are being finalized May 1st!
If you got a ticket and can't go, you can cancel your ticket with the link you got in your email confirmation from eventbrite. You can also post here or email events@dctriclub.com.
Accurate head count ahead of time is needed!
Thanks

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria