Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New info on swim locations in NoVA
CREATED: 06/11/12 by fortak27 REPLIES: 4
fortak27's ravatar fortak27    JOINED: 2/4/12    POSTS: 8
New info on swim locations in NoVA
POSTED: 6/11/12 6:27 PM

The pool where I work (Fort Belvoir indoor pool) is closed for repairs, and I'm looking for a place to swim on a regular basis. I've seen older posts on XSport on King Street, and Wash and Lee High. I'm an Arlington resident - any other tips? - anywhere you can lap swim outside in the summer?

Mccluer's ravatar Mccluer    JOINED: 5/3/12    POSTS: 36
RE: New info on swim locations in NoVA
POSTED: 6/11/12 6:47 PM

It seems like all the indoor pools get repairs done between memorial day and labor day because that's when all the outside pools are open.

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 495
POSTED: 6/12/12 6:46 AM

I like the Yorktown pool better than W-L because it is less crowded. You rarely have to share a lane.

For outside swimming you can go to Upton Hill Park in Arlington, near 7 corners http://www.nvrpa.org/park/upton_hill

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 369
POSTED: 6/12/12 7:41 AM

The Northern Virginia RecCenters all have 25m or 50m indoor pools open year round. I believe they charge about $6. I used to swim at Spring Hill RecCenter in McLean... half of the time you have a lane to yourself, the other half of the time you need to share with one other person.
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/wp-recenter.htm

And of course, Hains Point has the 50m outoor pool open in the summer. Free to DC residents, $7 for non-residents.

pmart15's ravatar pmart15    JOINED: 12/14/09    POSTS: 129
POSTED: 6/12/12 9:40 AM

The No. Va. RecCenters prices have been creeping. I think its almost $9 for an adult to get in. They also sell 25 use passes so that knocks it down to $6 something per session. I hit up a few of them and never share a lane.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria