Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Anacostia River bike trail?
CREATED: 04/15/09 by dratnip REPLIES: 4
dratnip    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 21
Anacostia River bike trail?
POSTED: 4/15/09 2:23 PM

I was biking around RFK the other day, and I noticed a beautiful and largely empty trail running along the Anacostia. Has anyone biked this trail? From my Web research, I think it may be called the Anacostia River Walk. Just wondering if there are any issues re: safety or trail conditions. (It'd be nice to avoid the Mall and Hains Point, especially when all the tourists are out.)

Thanks!

Lou

silvercannonca    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 41
RE: Anacostia River bike trail?
POSTED: 4/15/09 8:46 PM

The bike trail is actually pretty decent. We play softball in the park along the trail, which means I often ride or walk over there and safety has never been an issue.

Deb

cubegnx's ravatar cubegnx    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 4/16/09 3:33 PM

When completed, the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail will be 16 miles long and will take you to prominent locations such as RFK Stadium and more importantly the National Arboretum. More information can be found here:
http://ddot.dc.gov/ddot/frames.asp?doc=/ddot/lib/ddot/information/bicycle/trails/anacostiarivertrail_factsheet.pdf

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1793
POSTED: 4/16/09 4:37 PM

That runs into the Potomac Upper Branch trail. You can actually bike continuously from U of Md to Anacostia along it.

I've found it pretty safe, just keep your eyes open in spots.

jgeldner    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 33
POSTED: 4/30/09 3:22 PM

is that the trail that i'm picking up near 11th and m st SE?

haven't taken it far enough to figure anything out, but i'd be up for an exploration ride this weekend. Anyone else?? A little googling hasn't provided much insight besides the 2012 plan for the trail...

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria