Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

if we didn't order the DC Tri club gear...
CREATED: 04/15/09 by BamBam04 REPLIES: 5
BamBam04    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 13
if we didn't order the DC Tri club gear...
POSTED: 4/15/09 6:31 PM

SO if we didn't get on the ball for getting the DC Tri gear shorts and tank etc.... then should we be ordering tri shorts/tank etc soon from another place soon? And do you have any suggestions as to where to buy them???? And any other tips suggestions.....i have no idea what I would want to wear or what the options are really.

Thanks!

-Tammy

ajulia's ravatar ajulia    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 145
RE: if we didn't order the DC Tri club gear...
POSTED: 4/16/09 10:29 AM

Tammy, you have some good local options for getting race gear -- a lot of local running and sport stores carry tri tops and shorts. And as a DC Tri member, you get a discount at a bunch of places, including:

Conte's (Arlington and Bethesda) 15%
Gotta Run 15%
Georgetown Running 15%
City Sports 10%
Potomac River Running 10%
Pacer's 10%

Just mention that you belong to DC Tri.

If you are coming to the club brick-nic this weekend in Columbia and you have tri shorts, it would be a great time to try them out! But don't feel rushed to buy something that doesn't fit.

legalmoose's ravatar legalmoose    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 4/16/09 2:02 PM

FYI, Fleet Feet in Adams Morgan also gives a discount of 10% to tri club members, and carries tri gear.

To echo the response above, this weekend is a good time to try out tri shorts and see how they work for you. You'll want them for future bricks as well, so it's worth getting them now if you can.

Will

candrews's ravatar candrews    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 4/20/09 3:37 PM

Sorry if I missed this news, but I've been traveling the past couple of weeks and weekends. If we *did* order the DC Tri Sugoi gear, when do we get it?

Thanks,
Catherine

zituka14    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 4/23/09 11:16 PM

Catherine, I'd be interested in finding out the answer to your question, as well. I have not received anything I ordered so far (including the membership stuff ordered back in January) :(

If anyone knows who to ask, I'd appreciate the information.

Thank you!
Zita

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
POSTED: 4/23/09 11:34 PM

The Sugoi (tri gear) and Hincapie (bike gear) orders are custom orders (to get the DC Tri logo put on), therefore they take at least 6-8 weeks. The Sugoi order should (I've got my fingers crossed) be here in mid-May (in time for the Columbia Triathlon).

As for the membership kits, there was a slight delay in processing due to the launch of the new website. However, it looks like things are on their way. Please view this thread for more info:
http://www.dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=C97D7259-B7E4-93E1-0F49683CE9689635&page=1

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria