DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next Page

Lake Anna OWS/ride - Sat 6/20 - RSVP
CREATED: 06/04/09 by sandyc REPLIES: 111
steph_430    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 33
RE: Lake Anna OWS/ride - Sat 6/20 - RSVP
POSTED: 6/16/09 3:00 PM

Hi,
Thanks so much for coordinating. I'm lookign forward to attending. See you there!

Stephanie Roth

ingafrey's ravatar ingafrey    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 6/17/09 3:20 PM

Hi,

I'm lost in all the posts...have there been directions posted?

Thanks,
Ingrid

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
POSTED: 6/17/09 3:27 PM

Hey NTP - thanks for all of the RSVPs. The details (including directions, times, cue sheets, what to bring) will be coming out in this week's NTP newsletter. The newsletter has not gone out yet - we are finaIizing details. I will make a note here on this thread once the newsletter has gone out.

seleav's ravatar seleav    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 6/17/09 3:46 PM

I'm RSVPing too for Saturday.
Thanks, Stacey Leavandosky

jacurry's ravatar jacurry    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 6/17/09 5:11 PM

Jen and Sarah...also coming!

gdconly's ravatar gdconly    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 6/17/09 7:13 PM

I'll be there as NTP mentor and can volunteer if needed.

-Greg

elizfinn    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 6/17/09 7:37 PM

I'm in for the swim and ride.
Liz Finn

POSTED: 6/17/09 11:42 PM

Here are the details for this Saturday's OWS at Lake Anna. This event is open only to registered NTP and NTP mentors/volunteers.

TRANSPORTATION:
Lake Anna State Park is located about 80-90 minutes from DC. Carpooling is highly encouraged. There is a $5 per car entry fee (cash only) to get into the park.
The swim will be in the park's swim area and when you arrive at the park please follow the signs to the swim area. We've also got picnic area #1 reserved for the day where you can store your things (we will have gear watchers).
Park Map
Driving Directions
Carpooling for Lake Anna

SCHEDULE:
The swim clinic swim will be led by triathlete and coach, Debi Bernardes. Please plan to be at the swim area no later than 7:45AM to get into your wetsuits and swimsuits to be ready to swim at 8:00AM. We've got the swim area to ourselves, complete with hired lifeguards, until 9:00AM (after which the swim area opens to the public) and we want to be sure to take full advantage of the open water. If you haven't tried on your wetsuit yet, don't be surprised that it can take a few minutes (even with the help of friends) to get your suit on the first several times. We'll be around to help out if you need it. If you don't have a wetsuit or don't want to wear it, no problem, the water is plenty warm and you won't need it for warmth. If you don't have a wetsuit and NJ Tri will be your first race, don't worry as the water will be very warm in NJ (so much so that it hasn't been wetsuit legal the past few years), so no need to worry about getting/trying out a wetsuit for that race.

Following the swim clinic, we'll be taking off for the bike portion of our brick and will be following the courses for the Kinetic Triathlon. Olympic group will follow one loop of the Kinectic ½ course and Sprint group will do the Kinetic Sprint Course. You are responsible for bringing your own cue sheet so please print out the appropriate cue sheets to ensure that you don't get lost. The bike ride will likely begin around 9:30AM.

Sprint Cue Sheet (18 miles)
Olympic Cue Sheet (28 miles)

BBQ:
Now the fun begins! Following the bike ride we have a barbeque planned at picnic area #1, located right near the swim area. If your last names begins with A-M, please bring dessert/beverage and last names N-Z, please bring a side dish/chips.

amiehwoods's ravatar amiehwoods    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 6/18/09 1:08 AM

Count me in!

- Amie Woods

nopher    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 6/18/09 8:37 AM

I am preeetty late at trying to get a ride. Anyone have space for me and my bike? I'm in Mt Pleasant but I can meet you anywhere really.

(Of course will contribute gas money.)

steph_430    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 33
POSTED: 6/18/09 8:43 AM

I'm late asking for a ride as well. My husband needs to use our truck on Saturday. Can anyone from NoVA please give me plus bike a ride? I will kick in for gas and/or pay the $5 Lake Anna entrance fee. You can reply at stephanieroth1@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance.

POSTED: 6/18/09 8:50 AM

Nopher & Steph_430 - there is an entire thread dedicated to carpooling for Lake Anna where people are looking/offering rides. Try looking here:
Carpooling for Lake Anna

ingafrey's ravatar ingafrey    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 6/18/09 8:50 AM

Hi,

I saw that people still need rides to Lake Anna. I can take someone plus bike but I won't be able to take you back to DC. If this works for you send me an email at ingafrey at g male.

Thanks,
Ingrid

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 488
POSTED: 6/18/09 12:44 PM

Sandy - Count me in to be there to help. I can lead/sag, whatever. I know this is not part of the plan for the NTPer's but I am planning a short run after the bike if anyone wants to join.

I'll post this to the rides thread but just in case folks are only following this thread, I can take one person and a bike.

Ryan

nopher    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 6/18/09 12:52 PM

Hey Ryan: Can I catch a ride with you?

Thanks!

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 488
POSTED: 6/18/09 12:56 PM

You sure can! Shoot me an e-mail at ryan.troll@gmail.com and we'll take this offline.

FYI for everyone else, I can take two more people but without bikes. So if you're going but for some reason not biking, hit me up.

Ryan

aloewinger    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 6/18/09 1:04 PM

I can take up to 3 people with bikes. If you're' interested let me know here or at aloewinger@nixonpeabody.com. Andrew

cnote71    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 6/18/09 10:44 PM

Im in. Cliff

jvanleunen    JOINED: 3/3/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 6/19/09 11:59 AM

Wow, late to this thread - I'm in for tomorrow too!
See everyone there!

Julie

lisarenee    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 6/19/09 2:18 PM

i will be there.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria