DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Ironman Louisville
CREATED: 06/04/09 by amarbarger REPLIES: 8
amarbarger    JOINED: 3/16/09    POSTS: 2
Ironman Louisville
POSTED: 6/04/09 1:14 PM

Hi,

I'm pretty new to DC Tri Club but would like to start getting more involved. Is anyone training for Ironman Louisville this year? It'll be my first full IM and just looking to see if anyone else is in the same boat.

Anne

sobebev    JOINED: 4/20/09    POSTS: 6
RE: Ironman Louisville
POSTED: 6/04/09 1:56 PM

Hi Anne,
I'm not training for Lousiville, but I am training for IM Canada which is the same weekend. If you want to try and coordinate on training, especially for long rides, I'd be glad to have company.

Beverly

amarbarger    JOINED: 3/16/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 6/04/09 2:04 PM

Hi Beverly,

Good to hear! Where do you live and/or do most of your training? I'm in Arlington. Will Canada be your first IM? How's training going so far?

Anne

postie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 6/04/09 2:15 PM

I'm training for Louisville, and it is my first IM!

I do most of my long rides and runs with four female friends who are also training for their first IM (Louisville or Cozumel). We live in Arlington, Capitol Hill and NW DC and tend to run on local paths and bike in Rock Creek or Montgomery Cty.

For the most part, we're "back of the packers" who are just hoping to finish our first-and-only IMs. (Average bike speed - about 15 mph and run 10-11 min miles)

Please feel free to email me offline at fenton (dot) rachel at gmail.com. We'd also love additional training partners and new ideas for long bike rides.

tri em's ravatar tri em    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 6/04/09 3:01 PM

Hey All,

Boy am I glad I saw this thread! I, too, am training for IM Canada, which will be my first IM. I'm wanting to find training buddies as it would be awesome to have company especially during the long rides. I live in Rockville and work in DC.

Anyone available and interested in meeting for a long ride this Sunday? :)

~Emily

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 6/04/09 3:03 PM

Emily:

I'm doing an Iron-distance race in Germany in July, Roth. How long are you riding for on Sunday?

kildaylisa at yahoo dot com

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 184
POSTED: 6/04/09 3:32 PM

I am also doing IM Louisville as my first IM. If I survive, I will be at the back of the pack also... Slow bike; sloooow run.

I've been asking some questions about what to expect/what to bring/what to do, but each one brings up more contingencies.

Such as, two days ago I had no idea what a 'special needs bag' was... should be an interesting 'race'.

See you all out there.

sobebev    JOINED: 4/20/09    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 6/04/09 4:17 PM

IM canada will be my 3rd IM. I live in Alexandria and work in DC. Most of my runs are on the Mall, Mt. Vernon trail, Rock Creek park, C&O, or around my house. For long rides, I often ride out on MacArthur/River Road. I'll also drive out to start from Poolesville or Marshall VA, and plan to do a couple Skyline Drive rides before IMC.

If anyone wants to ride about 60-70 miles this Sat, let me know. I was thinking of driving out and starting somewhere other than DC.

bevli21 AT yahoo.com.

tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 6/04/09 5:37 PM

Hi all.

I am also training for my first IM which is in Cozumel this year. I would love to meet up and train with a group of people who are also doing their first. I live in NW D.C., but have no problem traveling to wherever everyone wants to meet up.

Can you please keep me updated on when and where you get together for runs, rides, or swims? I am happy to call myself a "back of the packer" :-)

Thanks,
Tania.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria