Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

Myrtle Beach Triathlon
CREATED: 07/07/10 by katelynnmc REPLIES: 49
katelynnmc's ravatar katelynnmc    JOINED: 5/21/10    POSTS: 24
Myrtle Beach Triathlon
POSTED: 7/07/10 9:53 AM

I am new to the area and looking for a group of people who want to travel to the Myrtle Beach tri in October. I don't know how this generally works and I am trying not to sound sketchy but do people generally get into groups and drive to these away triathlons?

I would love to be included in a group that is traveling to Myrtle Beach in October. Are any of you guys going to be at a happy hour any time soon?

I am a member of the olympic distance training group as well so I hope to meet some of you people. You have to be out there!

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
RE: Myrtle Beach Triathlon
POSTED: 7/07/10 11:09 AM

Hey there! I'm going to Myrtle beach, as are some other people I know. I think the club is aiming to send a pretty big group, so you can surely find a ride. I have spots reserved in my car already, but if one opens up, I'll let you know.

As for Happy Hours... the club organizes a few, but I am game for throwing more together. I'm sure we wouldn't be alone in that endeavor. :)

--Abby

katelynnmc's ravatar katelynnmc    JOINED: 5/21/10    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 7/07/10 11:29 AM

Abby,

Thanks for the response. I am definitely looking for a ride if anyone out there has space.

I think we should set up a happy hour for Myrtle Beach people. Where do people live?

Would a Thursday night in Arlington work?

Katelynn

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 420
RE: Myrtle Beach Triathlon - Club Champ Accomodations
POSTED: 7/08/10 1:11 PM

Not sure if there's anyone out there that didn't book early enough to get in at the host hotel (Marina Inn at Grande Dunes), but I just booked at the Horizon which is under 2 miles and seems to be the best deal. It's $65/one-bedroom condo or $95 for a two-bedroom/ condo. You have to pay a $75 deposit which is refundable up to 2 weeks prior (with a $30 cancel fee). You can also pay a $15 insurance fee up front in which case you get a full refund up to the day prior.

Here's the info...
Horizon on 77th
Phone Number: (877) 233-9982 (opt 1 and then opt 2)
Be sure to declare you are with Group Block #1377364 when calling to make your reservations. Rooms may be extended three nights before or after the event at this special rate. All reservations must be made by September 18, 2010.

Additional Lodging Info can be found at:
[link]http://ultramaxtri.com/races/mbt/venue.php{/link]

-Brady

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 7/08/10 1:32 PM

I'm getting a room block for Horizon at 77th for DC Tri. Please hold off on reservations until I have it finalized. I'll post here and under Buzz once I have the info.
The board is also looking into options to help with carpooling.

Thanks,
Angela

slowtwitchva's ravatar slowtwitchva    JOINED: 2/18/10    POSTS: 207
POSTED: 7/16/10 4:20 PM

Let's get a happy hour together for everyone making the trip to SC in October! I am on the fence about it currently, and could definitely use some persuading over some beers!

POSTED: 7/16/10 4:36 PM

I second that motion!

tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 7/16/10 4:52 PM

Any excuse for a happy hour is a good one!

I'm heading to SC, doing the 1/2. I've also got a 2 bedroom suit at the host hotel, I may have some floor space open for people.

Tania.

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 498
POSTED: 7/21/10 10:57 PM

So I'm on the fence with this race as well..haven;t signed up yet but have been told I have no choice by a few folks in the club. :-) I would definitely like to carpool and would probably end up doing the Oly option.

RT

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
POSTED: 7/21/10 11:01 PM

Come on now Troll, are you seriously trying to be the only one in the club not going to Myrtle? Get it together! (Maybe you can even con Jess into coming for the sprint...???) I know you need a warmup for your iron anyway!! If you aren't sold on it yet, come to track next week. I'm better at peer pressure in person because I can call you out in front of everyone :)

On another note, this race is relatively cheap compared to other ones so thats a pretty good incentive.

Hil

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 7/21/10 11:03 PM

I'm in the same boat as RT. I'm brand new to the club (and tris) and had some hazing for myrtle beach :) prob will sign up soon.

can we do a HH a bit closer to NW DC? also, i think there was some talk about the ODTP getting a house or going down together, but haven't heard anything more about it.

Elaine

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 7/22/10 5:32 AM

Ryan- Like I told you last night. you don't come and support DC Tri, I will have Tuian take you out back and show you what he learned from while traveling the Ho Chi Man Trail.

COME ON PEOPLE!!!! This is an awesome place to have a Tri, and a great reason to party at Myrtle Beach.

I might even have my Munchkin with me.... All decked out in DC Tri Gear. And if we get enough people, I might even bust out a new wig for the run.

POSTED: 7/22/10 10:36 AM

The Myrtle Beach survey is up under Buzz. Please take a minute to fill it out so we can start planning.

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 7/22/10 2:39 PM

Does the club get points for relays?

POSTED: 7/22/10 2:47 PM

No points for relays.

POSTED: 7/26/10 1:06 PM

Thanks everyone for completing the survey. Based on the results, I'm trying to add more rooms and will let you know when and what types are available. I'm hoping to add some two bedrooms with 1 King/2 Queens and a couple 3 bedroom condos. Once confirmed, I'll post again and start a thread for room sharing.
In the meantime, we have the following on hold at the Horizon at 77th from September 30- October 3:
4 two bedroom condos with 1 King/1Queen $85 per night
6 one bedroom condos $65 per night

Call: (866)413-8310 to reserve using the Group Reservation # 1458032.

Email Angela if you have any problems or questions.

rysmelanie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 7/26/10 1:46 PM

I'm non the fence as well... would like to attend a hh as well (preferably nw dc) to meet some people going down.

POSTED: 7/26/10 1:54 PM

I would totally be willing to host a "Who Wants to Go to Myrtle Beach" Pool Party at my apartment building. I'm metro accessible in NE, 2 blocks from Union Station. August 6th? August 20th?
Roofdeck. Pool. Views. BYO.

carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
POSTED: 7/26/10 1:57 PM

That's nice of you! I vote for Aug 20.

rysmelanie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 7/26/10 1:58 PM

that would be very nice! I vote for Aug 20 as well.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria