Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

Myrtle Beach Triathlon
CREATED: 07/07/10 by katelynnmc REPLIES: 49
blustinc's ravatar blustinc    JOINED: 8/8/10    POSTS: 22
RE: Myrtle Beach Triathlon
POSTED: 8/31/10 10:19 AM

I just signed up for Myrtle Beach, my first tri. Did the HH already happen?

chloevdc's ravatar chloevdc    JOINED: 1/25/10    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 8/31/10 12:41 PM

I don't know about the Myrtle Beach happy hours, but there are two DC Tri club regional HHs this Thursday, one is in NW. I'm sure if you go to either of those, you'll meet people going to MB. I'll be at MB, it will be my third Tri, and first out of DC.

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 9/15/10 5:11 PM

I'm having a party the weekend before Myrtle. Send me your e-mail address and I'll add you to the evite. This will be a fun way to meet people so we recognize each other in South Carolina!

abby.sanford19 at yahoo.com

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 611
POSTED: 9/22/10 10:39 PM

Check this webpage out:
http://www.usatriathlon.org/events/205

Look at DC Tri Club. It's like saying, "Look who's coming to play". 1000+ members, 80 or so going to take on the championship. We've got a really good shot at winning the whole thing in Division I.

Think we've posted it, but scoring is here:
http://assets.usoc.org/assets/documents/attached_file/filename/21601/2010_USAT_Club_Scoring.pdf
Hopefully we'll have some 'arbitrage' opportunities. Where we have people racing without competitors for that specific race and category.

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 9/23/10 10:09 AM

I'm sure other people already noticed this, but the actual International (Quartermax) Distance at Myrtle = 1000 yard swim (915 meters), 28 mile bike (45k), 6.5 mile run (10.5 km) - (I guess that's "approximately a 1500m swim, 40k bike, and 10k run" per the scoring). I'm not complaining though since the races fee was only around $95 and the rooms are cheap too, not to mention it's at the beach!

-Brady

POSTED: 9/23/10 10:14 AM

I did notice the strange distances on the "International." It's actually fairly close to a quarter IronMan, or QuarterMaxx, as they are branding it...

.6-mile swim (1/4 of 2.4 miles)
28-mile bike (1/4 of 112 miles)
6.5-mile run (a quarter marathon is actually 6.55 miles)

Fun-oh!

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 9/23/10 10:29 AM

That is so funny. I was just thinking about things like that... LIKE:

My shoes are 1/4 the size of Glenn's shoes
My Bike is 1/4 the size of Casey's bike
My Stride is 1/4 the size of Hans's stride
My Tri Gear is 1/4 the size of Simon's Tri gear
My Times are 1/4 the times of no one.

Don't mind me, I am short and I am still really pissed that I can't ride all the rides at Disney still.

I look forward to the extra pain brought on by the extra 3 miles on the bike and the extra .3 miles on the run. But hey look at the bright side... swim is shorter.

LET'S GO DOWN SOUTH AND KICK SOME BOOTAY!!!!

JGunder's ravatar JGunder    JOINED: 8/31/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 9/23/10 4:21 PM

The company that is running these races on hosts a great (highly recommend if you are ever in the area) race series, including Quartermax and Octomax (1/4 and 1/8 Iron Distance), so the distances are intentional.

http://www.ultramaxtri.com/races/quartermax/index.php

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 9/27/10 6:19 PM

My ride fell through. Is there anyone heading down on Thursday that has room in their car for me?

gwcrew2000's ravatar gwcrew2000    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 9/27/10 7:03 PM

Angela,
We have room for more people on the bus (but we leave Friday 7 a.m. sharp)

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 9/28/10 12:47 AM

Thanks but I found a Thursday ride. I just really wanted a day to sit at the beach and relax a little. Hopefully it's warmer than the 105 that it is in Scottsdale right now.
See you in MB- can't wait for the weekend!

POSTED: 9/28/10 12:17 PM

Weather.com forecast for Saturday, October 2nd in Myrtle Beach, SC, says sunny with a high of 72 and overnight lows in the mid-50's! Sounds like perfect "go fast" weather to me...

Bring your warm ups and your game face.

To Columbia Multisport:

It's on.

POSTED: 9/28/10 5:42 PM

Hello,
I made a change to the post-race reservation. We'll be eating at 5:00 PM (1700 hrs). This will allow us to eat earlier, and will enable our attendance at the official post race party. The Cheeseburger manager, Bill, is very excited to have us celebrate in Paradise.

To review, we'll be eating at:
Cheeseburger in Paradise
7211 North Kings Highway
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
Phone: 843-497-3891
http://www.cheeseburgerinparadise.com/locations/myrtle-beach/
at 5:00 PM

After chowtime you can stay or then head to the official post race party:
Post Race Party Time - 7:00 pm - ??:
House of Blues, hosted by TriSports.com
4640 Highway 17 S. N. Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
(843) 272–3000
http://www.houseofblues.com/venues/clubvenues/myrtlebeach/
"The House of Blues is only a couple minutes from the race site. Just east on Highway 17 from the Marina Inn. Come celebrate with us. TriSports.com will be giving out some incredible door prizes."

For your reference, the four locations (host hotel, Horizon condos, Cheese, and House) are shown on this map:
Map Here

Hopefully those of us with vehicles can travel to and from the official party, otherwise it's a short cab ride. Thanks.

To rsvp or change yours, go here:
http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/DGNUDNBHGNIUKBQXABVS/MyrtleParty

courtr26's ravatar courtr26    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 116
POSTED: 9/29/10 8:52 AM

I have a quick question about the post race dinner being changed to 5pm. I see the awards for the race are at 4:30pm and then 5pm for the club championships. If we happen to with the club championships, don't we want a big club showing at the awards??

Courtney

POSTED: 9/29/10 9:06 AM

Crap really Court? Well yeah we certainly can't miss that. yeah - confirmed below. Not sure why the ceremony is so far after the race. But it's at the Marina Inn at least. That means we can shower up and walk down to it (those staying at Marina) then head to dinner.
I'll switch dinner again to 6 pm. At least those who want to go to the official post-race party can be fashionably late but not miss it.

# 7:30 am: Halfmax Wave Start
# 8:30 am: Quartermax Wave Start (NOTE NEW START TIME)
# 10:00 am: Sprint Wave Start (NOTE NEW START TIME)

* WAVE ASSIGNMENTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE! Click Here (updated 9/20/2010)

# 10:00 am: Catered Post Race Pasta Dinner - Wristband required - One trip through the line only.
# 12:00 pm: Sprint & International Awards Ceremony - Grand Lawn Area Behind Marina Inn
# 4:30 pm: Halfmax Championship Awards Ceremony - Grand Lawn Area Behind Marina Inn
# 5:00 pm: USAT Club Championship Awards Ceremony - Grand Lawn Area Behind Marina Inn
# ??: Team USAT selection time will be announced at packet pickup.
# 1:30 pm: Bike Course Closes - All racers must be off the bike course - You will not be allowed to continue after that time.
# 4:30 pm: Course Closes - All racers must be off the course - You will not be allowed to continue after that time.
# POST RACE PARTY TIME - 7:00 PM - ??: TriSports.com Post Race Party - Destination: House of BluesHOB

* (843) 272-3000
* The House of Blues is only a couple of minutes from the race site. Just east on Hwy. 17 from the Marina Inn. Come celebrate with us. TriSports.com will be giving out some incredible door prizes.

POSTED: 9/29/10 9:07 AM

It's likely far after the race because of the points calculations required, of course

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 192
POSTED: 9/29/10 9:32 AM

I think you meant to say WHEN not IF, right Courtney? :)

Sounds perfect to me. This way we all get to meet up in a central location and head over to our victory dinner together!

POSTED: 9/29/10 9:34 AM

sorry move it back to 6:30 pm. Original plan

courtr26's ravatar courtr26    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 116
POSTED: 9/29/10 9:52 AM

Yes that's what I meant Hilary! ;)

Thanks for organizing Simon! I figured you probably didn't see that the awards were so late. Too bad but at least we'll all look and smell good for the awards! ;)

Can't wait for this fun weekend with everyone!

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 9/29/10 10:00 AM

Lets just send a delegation to the 5pm awards ceremony, then they can bring it back to Paradise and we can have a REAL celebration - margaritas included.

We're at the BEACH, lets enjoy it!

Andy

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria