Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Combine Eagleman Volunteering and OWS June 14?
CREATED: 06/04/09 by gardengirl REPLIES: 4
gardengirl's ravatar gardengirl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 116
Combine Eagleman Volunteering and OWS June 14?
POSTED: 6/04/09 5:58 PM

I am interested in volunteering for the Eagleman 70.3 and wondering if there might be some way to get OWS in? Maybe Sandy Point 8am- 10ish and Eagleman later?

I have never been to Cambridge and do not know the logistics.
Malissa

wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
RE: Combine Eagleman Volunteering and OWS June 14?
POSTED: 6/04/09 7:05 PM

You will not be able to swim at Sandy Point during the morning of 6/14. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge swim is that morning and begins at Sandy Point.

https://www.lin-mark.us/page.asp?prmName=EventDetail&prmEventID=94

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 6/04/09 7:46 PM

If you get to Cambridge early then you could probably get in the water during the warm-ups before the race. I think Travis jumped in last year.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1267
POSTED: 6/04/09 7:55 PM

I also believed that you can take a dip once all of the contestants have completed the swim. They leave the buoys out there for another hour or so. Mr. Travis probably knows more about this than anyone since he was the one that said something about that last year :)

The other option is to go to Sandy Point later in the day. It doesn't closes until sunset. In the summer that can be 9:00 PM.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1050
POSTED: 6/05/09 9:07 AM

Mr Tuan is correct!

I think most DC Tri folks are volunteering at the finish line which means you'll have plenty of time early on in the race. If you wait until after the last wave starts, you can jump in and get a swim in with the buoys still in the water. Last year I was a little slow to get in so the buoys were gone but still got in about 30-40 minutes of swimming.

It's a refreshing way to start the day.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria